Home

NBA 2K15 Video Interviews with Rob Jones

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video Interviews with Rob Jones within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Rob Jones Gamescom 2014 Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
I know these videos were recorded about 2 weeks ago, but its funny how slow we get info for a game that comes out in just over a month. 2K is a big deal nowadays. Its even fair to compare them to COD in Regards to perennial releases because they're both major sellers every year. I understand after this long of being a hardcore fan of the 2K franchise that they have a strategy when it comes to info being released about their games. What I don't understand is how can a game like COD which has the pretty much the same development window to release a new title every year, seems to release a ton of info about their products months before release and they STILL manage to sell regardless of who their competitor's are.
COD has two or even three separate development teams working on the game, alternating releases if I recall. I'd say that's one big difference off the top of my head.

It's more fair to compare the game to other sports games imo. The release info is more comparable when using that as a metric. There is another NBA basketball game releasing and they've released far less information to date - that's an even more specific/fair comparison.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 08-29-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #10
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Great interviews..... he spoke about 5000 new animations being added into the game to smoothing the movements and collisions which to me could be one of the greatest addition, because it will give back more control to the users

Would have loved to hear about animations that HAD been Removed if any............

I hope that delayed passes after collision are gone and the drop ball animation where the player is humped over as well (way too many great ball handlers dropping the ball during dribbling collisions)........ but most importantly I hope the bounced back band aid blocking foul animation that is only being called if ball handler is forced out of bounce or backcourt is gone

Am sure the threshold for animations with the new hardware will give rise to way more added animations, but I am also hoping that it improves controller responsiveness and not reduce it

Looking forward to hear more about this game

Last edited by kolanji; 08-29-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

I gotta believe the information will start to drop next week. With a little bit more than four weeks to go at that point, 2K will probably focus on one big feature a week leading up to release. One of those announcements should be the demo, too.

Ken Griffey Jr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #12
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Rob Jones pointed out issues we had with 2K14. To me it sound like he was reading verbatim from OS post but it sounds like 2K15 is going to be a beast from a gameplay perspective

• New AI engine "Sit-Tech" changes how the players move to certain situations on the court and the animations they added with offense and defense were done to work with.
  • Playcalling setup appears to have changed he didn't go into details but it almost sounded closely like something Vannwolf brought up about organizing the plays by play type. I actually think that is much better and I think that is probably the best option.
  • He mentioned how there is team specific sets and players are better connected to AI.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Rob Jones pointed out issues we had with 2K14. To me it sound like he was reading verbatim from OS post but it sounds like 2K15 is going to be a beast from a gameplay perspective

• New AI engine "Sit-Tech" changes how the players move to certain situations on the court and the animations they added with offense and defense were done to work with.
  • Playcalling setup appears to have changed he didn't go into details but it almost sounded closely like something Vannwolf brought up about organizing the plays by play type. I actually think that is much better and I think that is probably the best option.
  • He mentioned how there is team specific sets and players are better connected to AI.
Yes, that is exactly as described you will see all of your first play type listed and then all of the second. etc etc.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yes, that is exactly as described you will see all of your first play type listed and then all of the second. etc etc.
niiiice... i remember reading that idea and thinking it would take the guess work out of play calling for my cousin.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Good looking out Czar I actually think that is about as good as it can get. I wasn't sure that was going to make it in. Can't wait to hear more once you and the Dev's start talking more about gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can I use plays from the Euroleague Playbook on an NBA team in MyLeague?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »