Home

NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #9
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Usually games that take this long to show something, you can't really trust it. NBA 2K10, NBA Elite, NBA Live 14. Its pretty much protocol for when something is not going on as planned. Those screen shots that were leaked, only leaked because EA probably told the blogger to release the article on that day, and they didn't change it, and the development team wasn't ready to go as originally planned. Signs are there that this may not be the game we are hoping it to be. Nobody cares about Dev interviews unless we are being showed the game.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Thank god someone said something. I'ts ridiculous and hard not to expect more of the same with this series considering this is basically what happened at this exact time last year. I WANT to believe, but they are giving me no reason to. I can understand building hype the last month or so before release, but giving out timelines and not coming through and not giving ANY footage is baffling. Especially when you are in direct competition & trying to make up for the monumental letdown that was 14.

Last edited by lakers24; 08-30-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

I think the article is just speaking on more broken promises than it is on hype.

There are direct quotes that basically got violated by the quotee if that makes sense lol.

Its not even a matter of patience really. I wish they'd all lay it all out there but don't think for a minute that its not important to show anything to people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #12
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I wish that the game was already out, so everyone can form their own opinion on how it plays instead of the hype that it's generated or lack thereof by marketing.

If people have their mind made up based on lack of information then I'm sorry. Play it for free, then make a decision.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Usually games that take this long to show something, you can't really trust it. NBA 2K10, NBA Elite, NBA Live 14. Its pretty much protocol for when something is not going on as planned. Those screen shots that were leaked, only leaked because EA probably told the blogger to release the article on that day, and they didn't change it, and the development team wasn't ready to go as originally planned. Signs are there that this may not be the game we are hoping it to be. Nobody cares about Dev interviews unless we are being showed the game.

I think this lack of info in today's gaming world is a major snafu(I'm old enough to remember when this was a game LOL!). The questions are when did they decide to change course and why?

If the game is indeed on point then it's a problem with the people in marketing(I won't go as far as to call for a person job over a video game). Or history prevails and indeed Live is an inferior product and they are trying to hide it.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 08-30-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #14
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think the article is just speaking on more broken promises than it is on hype.

There are direct quotes that basically got violated by the quotee if that makes sense lol.

Its not even a matter of patience really. I wish they'd all lay it all out there but don't think for a minute that its not important to show anything to people.

The article is on point. EA clearly laid out a plan they reneged on. This isn't a good sign I don't think it's ever a good sign when a company changes direction midway through the developing cycle. However it doesn't necessarily means the game what exceed expectations either.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

I didn't even realize so many promises for Live 15 has been broken. Very enlightening. EA should be doing whatever they can to show that Live 15 is way better than Live 14. It's 2014 and Live 14 was such a terrible game. I don't understand all the arena screens.

I have a feeling the movements and animations are still really far behind, so they are scared to show the game in motion. I'm puzzled about showing more screens of players. Maybe full body screens even showing accessories and kicks. The graphics seem to be improved (although still a bit cartoony), so why not show more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I wish that the game was already out, so everyone can form their own opinion on how it plays instead of the hype that it's generated or lack thereof by marketing.

If people have their mind made up based on lack of information then I'm sorry. Play it for free, then make a decision.
It's interesting, because this is the same approach as last year. They stressed "you have to play it yourself". Although the game looked, moved and animated poorly. Boucetek was also very sluggish. My thing is, if EA has improved the game a great deal (gameplay wise and graphically), why not show us?

Has the dribble mechanics changed? Are there more animations? Have they improved the physics. Have they improved collision animations?

The OP has brought up the broken promises regarding info. The Live team is clearly holding back info for a reason. We can only assume the reason is their product still isn't very good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »