Home

EA Access to Limit Subscribers to Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access to Limit Subscribers to Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
EA Access to Limit Subscribers to Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay

After posting a six hour time limit for the EA Access version of NHL 15, then taking it down, EA is now confirming NHL 15 will have a six hour time limit for EA Access subscribers.

Look for it on Thursday, September 4th. A time hasn't been confirmed, but it will most likely be at noon EST, give or take a few hours.

Quote:
EA Access trials for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 will be going live this month and we want to give you the details on what to expect. All EA Access members will get six hours with each game, and as always, you will be able to play each game five days before the release date.
Platform: Xbox One

Last edited by wreckus; 09-02-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access? Arrives on September 4th (UPDATED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckus
EA Confirmed this morning that you can pre-order the game on XBOX ONE on thursday and can play 6 hours of the game before launch on tuesday.

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-access-bri...r?sf30565666=1
Good find. Too bad, I was hoping for unlimited (or at least better than Madden) access, but I'll take it.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access? Arrives on September 4th (UPDATED)

I know I am in the minority, but I have no problem with the 6 hour trial period. Obviously I would like unlimited access, but all I need is a few hours to see if it is worth buying or not at Best Buy. And the 6 hours accomplishes that.

$30 insurance plus free games is a no brainer for me.

I just wish Rivals was up for free by now.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks reckus, was def thinking that with the surveys ea emailed out that they were reconsidering the 6 hour limit. Apparently not.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
I know I am in the minority, but I have no problem with the 6 hour trial period. Obviously I would like unlimited access, but all I need is a few hours to see if it is worth buying or not at Best Buy. And the 6 hours accomplishes that.

that's a solid point.

For someone who is for sure buying the game though, this upsets me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos

Completely agree. I don't understand the complaints. EA isn't going to just give games away for free 5 days before release. Some people are just never satisfied.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #7
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA Access to Limit Subscribers to Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Completely agree. I don't understand the complaints. EA isn't going to just give games away for free 5 days before release. Some people are just never satisfied.
Mostly this. I think around these parts people may come off as more pissed off if only because with the sports titles we've had Season Ticket for a few years, which granted full access.

I'd prefer that access, but this is still good value. I signed up for a month for $5 and will get 6 hours of Madden, NHL and FIFA when it's all said and done (I already have the vault games I would want).
Old 09-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
i'm sure things will be different next year. it seems to be partially a limitation of the XB1 Store features as well. i read the early access copy was still playable after the launch. so they are trying to balance out early-access vs giving away 24 hour free gameplay rentals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »