Home

EA Access to Limit Subscribers to Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access to Limit Subscribers to Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
EA worst company award consecutively.....?
Old 09-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #10
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: EA Access to Limit Subscribers to Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
EA worst company award consecutively.....?
Give it a rest. Don't want to support the early access in it's time limited state? Keep your $5.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

You can always buy more time if you want by creating another profile. I'll actually get 12 hrs with NHL because I bought more time with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Regardless if you are okay with the deal or not, it is just bad business practice to pull what EA did here.

Releasing a product for purchase and then providing the details behind it is shady to the consumer. Especially when I am sure they realized that most people familiar with their former service of Season Ticket would be used to the unlimited access.

Was it on me to have a sense of "buyer beware" and realize the details were not provided quite yet before making my purchase? Of course. But that will not change how I feel about what happened and my feelings towards a company that has been a complete joke with the handling of their PR and some of their game's info, NHL especially!

If they would have said six hours at the very beginning, or at least prior to making the service available for purchase, I am sure people would be a lot more reasonable on this. So I wouldn't be too harsh towards those that are upset about how all of this went down. Including those of us still upset that the time with these titles is limited, especially to only 6 hours (which is not much with a game that takes longer to play like Madden).

In a vacuum 6 hours might be "fair" or "reasonable", but not after what EA has done with consumer relations of late. Sorry. This is part of the reason I am considering skipping NHL 15, especially at full price and at launch.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #13
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Regardless if you are okay with the deal or not, it is just bad business practice to pull what EA did here.

Releasing a product for purchase and then providing the details behind it is shady to the consumer. Especially when I am sure they realized that most people familiar with their former service of Season Ticket would be used to the unlimited access.

Was it on me to have a sense of "buyer beware" and realize the details were not provided quite yet before making my purchase? Of course. But that will not change how I feel about what happened and my feelings towards a company that has been a complete joke with the handling of their PR and some of their game's info, NHL especially!

If they would have said six hours at the very beginning, or at least prior to making the service available for purchase, I am sure people would be a lot more reasonable on this. So I wouldn't be too harsh towards those that are upset about how all of this went down. Including those of us still upset that the time with these titles is limited, especially to only 6 hours (which is not much with a game that takes longer to play like Madden).

In a vacuum 6 hours might be "fair" or "reasonable", but not after what EA has done with consumer relations of late. Sorry. This is part of the reason I am considering skipping NHL 15, especially at full price and at launch.
Fair enough, but there was absolutely no reason to purchase EA Access as soon as it was available if your only intentions were to make use of the early release features. It's not like people downloaded Madden and only then discovered it was a 6 hour trial, we found out a few days before it went up.

I'll agree that the lack of info with the program was a sketchy move (as is a lot of the stuff EA Sports has been doing recently), but I feel like this really was a case of 'buyer beware' as you mentioned, especially when it sounds like most people were already untrusting of EA.

As mentioned, given the lack of info and lack of interest in the vault games I decided to wait until the day Madden went up to purchase a single month subscription and will be getting 3 trials out of it. That simply doesn't seem like a bad deal for $5. If these were unlimited trials, or if they just brought Season Ticket over to PS4/XB1 wholesale as it had been run previously, I would've been all over the more expensive option.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd like more, but I’m ok with six hours of gameplay, but if you want to set your HUT up, create a player, it all takes time away from being in game. It’s not the ideal way to play a game, with always having the EA Early Access clock in the back of your mind, but that’s what it is. I wish they’d tell you more precisely how much time you have, rather than “less than 2 hours”. If I have 1 hour and 50 minutes that could mean 4 or 5 games, but if I have 1 hour and 5 minutes, it could mean 2 or 3 (depending on settings).
Old 09-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
that's a solid point.

For someone who is for sure buying the game though, this upsets me.
I hear you and get it your point.

With college football, NFL, fights, etc...I don't think I will will ever get to 6 hours before the retail release.

I only need an hour at most to realize how big of a turd a game is (ie UFC, Madden 15, etc.).

The good news about NHL is I only have a cursory knowledge of the sport so the things that drive you guys crazy, I can't see them. So I only need an hour to see if I can find a good difficulty and to verify it is fun or not. This is especially important because BB does not have a $10 preorder cert tied to this like Madden, FIFA, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would you like your 5 dollars back?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »