Home

NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #17
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

For annual sports games in general, I have always been stumped whenever developers haven't bothered to change up the menu theme/fonts/colors. It seems like it would be a pretty quick & easy way to at least give a good first impression.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm confused by what people are reporting... is it any different from nhl14 or just a roster update.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
Don't want to sound like I'm backing EA here but when the game was FIRST announced they came out and said, the only new thing in last-gen was Commentary and something else. Then the new-gen stuff is this, and this. Don't know why people are surprised with this. Actually just looking at the site, it still states it under the Features category. I can see the hate for the new-gen stuff but last-gen? People knew what they were getting into from the day it was announced.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #20
Rookie

Why are people surprised? The new consoles are here, a roster update is all you get. I'm surprised madden had as big of improvement as they did this year on the 360/ps3. Madden 12 was the last game football game on the ps2 and it was the exact same game that you would of played in 07. It's how sports games work. You want improvements you need the new system. In saying that NHL 15 for the new systems is only improved on the ice.... The rest of the game is missing
Old 09-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Personally think the new commentary team and if the physics are better would justify an upgrade. I don't think anyone expecting the same upgrade cycle as the rest of this past gen is living in reality...especially when the NHL team seemed stretched as-is. But definitely worried the game may feel way too familiar to some based on reports we're hearing. Buyer beware in that sense, you've been warned haha.
Honestly, if massive improvements are what anyone is looking for, then no, I'd say quite frankly that overall there is no change. To me, having hybrid icing, newer player photos, some new adboards, the new commentary, and the 2014-2015 schedule are all good enough reasons to get the new game. For me. If there are minor physics and sound upgrades, all the better. But I play straight up seasons with no fantasy elements so I don't know in those modes how things are supposed to change year to year. I can't give an opinion on that. To me it continues to do what it does really well and adds little details that matter to me. So, considering their focus is on the next gen version, to be honest I'm glad the game didn't worsen like what happened with PS2 and XBOX versions of sports games when the 360 and PS3 came out.
My guess is most people will feel ripped off, not enough changes, roster update, etc etc etc. If you want a massive change, NO don't buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 1

Hiya Tinpanalley
Many Thanks for the info.
I am sure that you are being inundated with requests, but would be really greatfull if you can help me with some further info;
XBOX 360/OFFLINE PLAY

*Does the game have SEASON MODE (I like to play offline, by selecting all the Teams, and doing the real life trades for each team)
Can I activate all 30 teams in SEASON MODE (If the mode is even in?)

*Ea do such a brutal job on the player ratings, so are we able to EDIT PLAYERS (I always think all the ratings/attributes are too high)

Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Just played a game. Some thoughts...
1. Menu system and UI entirely the same.
2. Hybrid icing has been added.
3. Some physics do seem better, marginally. Feels like when you make tweaks to your sliders.
4. Graphically I see no improvement.
5. None of the NBC presentation style is included although that's something I'm totally happy about. I'm admittedly biased to my Canadian Sportsnet and CBC. Always avoided the overproduced and flashy mess that is NBC Hockey when I lived in NY. That being said, the commentary is better. Much more connected to the game. No more horrendously tacky, overacted, and archaic phrases and expressions from Bill Clement. Although Emeric sounds like he's on drowsy medication compared to his real life energy, his expressions are much more natural. Just another example of a commentator not able to pretend in a studio to be as energised as he gets in real life.
6. No... more... annoying.. "Canadiennes" pronunciation. Best part of the commentary.
7. The crowd sounds seem more alive. The Go Leafs Go chant doesn't sound like zombies. For those who care about Leafs stuff.
8. Several player photos are changed.
9. Worst part - No 2013 Winter Classic. Un-freaking-believable. Finally get the Leafs-RedWings in a Winter Classic and NHL doesn't feature them. You can only play 2012 and 2011. Lame. Completely lame.

That's all I can think of. Don't ask me about specific modes, I only launched a Season and it was 100% the same.

Hope that's interesting.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #23
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Why are people surprised? The new consoles are here, a roster update is all you get. I'm surprised madden had as big of improvement as they did this year on the 360/ps3. Madden 12 was the last game football game on the ps2 and it was the exact same game that you would of played in 07. It's how sports games work. You want improvements you need the new system. In saying that NHL 15 for the new systems is only improved on the ice.... The rest of the game is missing
Completely agree that people shouldn't be surprise but as a result thr game shouldn't be full priced since that game is a minor update. $40 would be perfect but even $50 would make sense. However charging the same for both current gen and last gen (or next gen and current gen, whatever they are labeled as) doesn't seem right. It would be like charging the same price for a dvd and a blu ray version of a movie.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #24
Rookie

Not surprised, but man...how hard would it have been to give us the new UI? How long did Madden and Fifa have the new menus? EA should be ashamed to charge $60 considering how much of the game is copy/pasted over.

My season ticket download is in progress, and I'll be diving into Be a GM and stuff. But, really, if nothing is new, I'm sticking with 14. My rosters at this point in time are probably superior to EA's anyways. The only saving grace would be if they've improved the puck physics and AI at all. Otherwise, screw it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »