Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #9
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Needs more movement toward feature parity in Be a GM and BaP before I buy.

BaGM

-Pre-season
-Gen 3 AHL integration: fully playable AHL/AHL players accumulate stats
-edit/assign jersey numbers
-properly assign goalie equipment for traded goaltenders so they don't wear old team colors
If I can add my list to your list: in BaGM

1. More variation between teams - all teams play the same
2. Player variation - all players play the same.....I need to see big difference between L1 playrs from L4 players.
3. Neutral Zone defense.......Neutral Zone defense............Neutral Zone defense....Neutral Zone defense......Neutral Zone defense............Neutral Zone defense
4. Penalties....Penalties....Penalties....Penalties.. ..Penalties....Penalties....Penalties....Penalties ....Penalties....

More to come.....but I WILL NOT BUY UNTIL THESE ARE ALL Present in the game.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #10
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Rammer, I love the NHL franchise. It's my favorite game every year. I play from release to the next iteration's release every year. What are the complications with edit player? How will goalie equipment work if this is just impossible to get in? Thanks so much. I know your twitter feed has taken some heat over the past few days that you don't really deserve. But this is simply a feature I love to use.Note: I will be buying on Tuesday
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 09-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

In the Online Team Play screenshot, it says "5 vs. 5 online play."

Does that mean that we won't be able to have human goalies in Online Team play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #12
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15: Post-launch Content Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTSNHL
Thanks for the note...just to be clear, we didn't plan on eliminating modes but rather had to prioritize the order of features that we rebuilt on the new consoles. It took us 8 years to get all the depth that 14 had and bringing it all back in one year was pretty much impossible.

-rammer
Sorry... I dont mean to be disrespectful... but EA did not release 14 in NG...so you have more than a year to implement these right? I just dont get the principles of EA, taking something that works in previous series and then removed in the next one....example is the group celebration, it was in before and then taken out....then being "improved" in NHL 15. Why remove at the very first place? There so many other cases like this principle.

UNTIL EA smartens up and start to address the hardcore gamers as well as casual gamers.... you will not get my business.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
What happened to HUT play a friend mode? That was the final missing mode that caused me to cancel my ultimate edition pre-order.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:37 PM   #14
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Thanks for the note...just to be clear, we didn't plan on eliminating modes but rather had to prioritize the order of features that we rebuilt on the new consoles. It took us 8 years to get all the depth that 14 had and bringing it all back in one year was pretty much impossible.

-rammer
So why are we paying full price?
Old 09-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #15
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

-rammer
What was the reason Madden and FIFA were able to port non-gameplay offline mode features to gen 4 and NHL wasn't? I understand M25 and FIFA were sort of "cross-gen" games, but what made NHL the exception in the inability to port functioning offline GM and BaP modes as a holdover before a more robust experience could be implemented in future iterations?

I can understand the technical problems of implementing EASHL into new tech, and getting up to 12 users playing at once, but why did the offline modes take such a hit as well? Additionally, such standard features in sports games like player editing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #16
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

-rammer
Is there in fact any update/ETA regarding sim-next-shift and the AHL demotion portion of BaP?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »