Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
Ha welcome to my world...others seem to have less trouble...I chalk it up to my age.

Haha I'm 29, hope this game hasn't passed me by! This is the first time playing it since they switched to the skills stick or whatever it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
here's a video that expose how weak the AI can be. This was on All-Stars hardcore mode.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2...c-b60c1475d1e0
Have you never seen a tipped pass lead to a breakaway? These things happen.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
Rookie

iamcline's Arena

My thoughts thus far:

- Gameplay is definitely improved over last-gen/ NHL 14. Only real complaint is that it is still fairly easy to carry the puck into the offensive zone.
- 3D Models are exceptional. Being on the PS4 version I do believe that the texture quality seems a bit washed out, but overall it's okay.
- Hockey Ultimate Team could've been so much better. Kind of embarrassing how bad it truly is. If NHL HUT is your favorite game mode, be prepared to play 1v1 vs. computer against teams of your choice or 1v1 online seasons. That's it, simple as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Passes are way too fast. Doesn't seem like the trigger is pressure sensitive anymore. A simple puck sends a scorcher. Too magnetic.

Little bit of a dangle fest out there. Guys go through sticks without losing the puck. Dale Weise walked through my entire team and scored a goal. Defenders are once again left with little tools to work with.

Still think the gameplay is too fast and twitchy.

They need to make online hardcore. Guys are flying all over the ice. Hits are still overpowered.

I know this seems like a negative post but the game does some things well. They just need tweaks which unfortunately has been the case for a few years now.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #13
Rookie

BeaGM well into December, still no progression growth on any of my players. You have it working on prev gen. How do you not make sure it works here? FFS! You only have 3 modes and 2 of them are broken!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Got myself a good slider set now, default anything is way too arcadey which stinks for online play, but having the game speed down and pass and shot speeds down, pass reception ease and pass accuracy needed too, I've been getting very very sloppy games and I love it do far, true broadcast camera, ten minute periods....looks like all I'll play is be a GM for a long time....happy so far, this coming from someone who isn't bothered by eashl and live the life being out....i don't edit players and the draft was always boring anyways, not to excuse them for all this but TO ME it has no bearing. Game is gorgeous on PS4, when I turned my brightness down on the tv and saw how detailed the ice is from fresh to tore up, man that is beautiful. It's a good first step, can't wait to see what happens for nhl 16-20.....I'm happy with what we have for now.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd like to add that I will give a further impression about a week from now when I get 100 games under my belt an see what comes after this honeymoon phase.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #16
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I hate how you have to play Kings vs. Rangers in the first game. Let me choose the teams I want to play with..

edit: Maybe I don't have it fully installed or something, because I quit out and went to Play Now and I still could only use Kings/Rangers.

Or are those the only two teams in the game?

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »