Home

NHL 15 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15 Review (360/PS3)

If the long list of things that NHL 15 doesn't have on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 got you thinking about buying the game for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, be forewarned: Though NHL 15 retains every mode and feature from last year's title (minus the retired EA Sports Arena), the only enhancements it offers over NHL 14 are updated rosters, new announcers, some subtle tweaks to Be A GM's prospect progression, and slight improvements to puck physics and player collisions.

Almost everything else appears to be a copy-and-paste job from last year's source code, which means that the game's many on-ice issues cannot be saved by community rosters or by custom sliders.

Read More - NHL 15 Review (360/PS3)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
BDG
Banned

OVR: 0
It kinda makes you wonder how much time was actually spent on the game
Old 09-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Another money grabber by EA, surprise, surprise. No sucker here.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Ouch! I knew it! I think this is the lowest score NHL has received on OS.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
Rookie

So what you are saying is true, but for a game that was pretty good last year. Everything you say about it this year is completely bashing it you make is sound awful. Now if you owner last years version I honestly probably wouldn't be buying this game as it is for the most part the same. It's like a big patch for NHL 14 yet it's still nhl 14, a patch is not worth 60 bucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I think we may under-estimate the amount of work that goes into redesigning the presentation and commentators. I would imagine redoing all the audio would be very time consuming and changing to the NBC overlays would be too. I think that ate up most of the budget and time for the NHL team for both generation of consoles. It couldn't have been cheap to get NBC and those guys. Maybe they should have took resources from NBA Live (which only has potential because the bar is so low) to a game that could truly be great. Remember with NBA and NHL, there were no exlusive agreements. NHL is the only game because 2k couldn't put out a good enough product to compete and vice versa for NBA (unlike Madden and MLB2k when they purchased the right to be the only game).

EA would rather have an average quality product in all genres/sports rather than be great at a handful. With lack of a consumer base to support multiple titles per sport, it makes better business sense.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Rookie

I skipped 2014 last year because I didn't see any real significant improvements to 2013 and quite frankly I wasn't going to have the time to play it last year. After seeing the reviews and videos I was happy to go out and buy a used copy of NHL 14 knowing that I'm not missing anything from this years effort.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 15 Review (360/PS3)

Fair and accurate review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »