Home

PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Spain (AI) vs. Portugal (User)

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Spain (AI) vs. Portugal (User) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Spain (AI) vs. Portugal (User)

Check out the latest PES 2015 gameplay video from WinningElevenBlogEs, featuring Spain vs. Portugal.

After the goal Spain has a sequence of 20 straight passes in their own half (from ~1:03-1:37). I don't think I've ever seen that in a video game. CPU Spain really got into a groove at times just like they would/do in real life and frustrated the user with their tiki-taka.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 03:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Spain (AI) vs Portugal (User)

Still not enough physicality and jostling for the ball, and consequently fouls as well. It's almost like watching a friendly.

I know the game has a unusually late release, but at this point I have to wonder if those things will even be in this year's version at a realistic level.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Unfortunately there are 2 big problems and I'm afraid they won't be fixed until the release:
1) No fouls. My guess is that the KONAMI devs are struggling with the Fox Engine and right now they're incapable of programming a decent collision system.
2) Passive GK's. There is no excuse for this. The GK's dive in slow motion and without timing at all.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Unfortunately there are 2 big problems and I'm afraid they won't be fixed until the release:
1) No fouls. My guess is that the KONAMI devs are struggling with the Fox Engine and right now they're incapable of programming a decent collision system.
2) Passive GK's. There is no excuse for this. The GK's dive in slow motion and without timing at all.
There are lots of fouls in PES 2014. Not too worried about that.

GK's not too sure about.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:31 AM   #5
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

That double save at 11:39 looked really good, liked how quickly he got back up.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 01:58 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12
Fearwhatnow PES 2014 has a great foul detection balance, It was improved tremendously in one of the patches.
Fouls for just running into players even without shoulder barging them with the right stick or double tapping for the standing tackle. I've even seen a straight red for a bad standing tackle from behind on two occasions. So yeah I don't think they have any issues getting fouls with the fox engine.

The goal keepers are totally brainless though like you say. They can't stop anything inside the box and even most shots from a few feet outside the are going in. That's definitely a big concern.

I have big hopes for PES 2015 I hope the extra dev time really makes for a special game. I'm hoping that adding the England based team to the Japanese team injects some of that premier league flavor that the games sorely been lacking.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #7
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
There are lots of fouls in PES 2014. Not too worried about that.

GK's not too sure about.
Yes fouls were implemented in the last patch but imo the collision detection system is flawed. Shoulder vs shoulder was frequently called a foul and the ref didn't play the advantage rule at all.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #8
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree that the physicality is not quite there yet (this is the first version on next gen and hopefully they can work on a collision system for next year) but I think the keepers look excellent.
In this video the only goals scored are the wonder goal by Iniesta (which was cause because the keeper was being AGGRESSIVE and punched a ball out of the box) and the other too were right outside the six yard box, kinda from the spot that Aguero scored today (which the keeper can guess at but if its placed in the corner you can't stop it). But the other saves in this video are stellar! There is a one handed diving save, that amazing double save from in tight, and a couple others (all that have amazing leaping ability and timing from the Keeper on display). I can't seem to agree with you on the goalkeeper issue. All I know is I can't wait to play this (I have had the FIFA blues for a few years as the game doesn't feel "beautiful" like soccer in any way even compared to PES on ps2)!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »