Home

How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level

This is a discussion on How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level

It’s no surprise that Madden Ultimate Team is back for another year in Madden 15. This mode, which started way back in UEFA Champions League 2006-07 has become a required feature in all of EA’s annualized sports titles.

If you are brand new to Madden Ultimate Team (MUT), it’s essentially a trading card game, fantasy football, and Madden all rolled into one crazy-addicting mess. Open virtual packs, build a team, and ten play. Your results, along with other tasks, earn you coins to buy more packs. It's a continuous cycle that gives you the thrill of having the chance to pull that card. Of course, there’s the option to spend real money on those virtual packs as well.

This year, the process has been streamlined and the single-player offline mode has been given a lot more content. But, as always, the impulse to buy new packs and upgrade your team is at the core of MUT.

Read More - How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
This is the primary mode I've played so far. Online games were fun and competitive on the lowest rookie level. I leveled up in season one and have played two games at the next level and have gotten killed both times. I think my team is a "79". After leveling up it kind of put a bad taste in my mouth for online play in this mode. Not sure if I just ran into a couple good teams or "pay to win" teams but based on the players on the "field" I had no shot in either game. Not giving up on it though. Will give it another try online when I'm over 80.I will admit the solo challenges and the act of getting better players in auction and packs is pretty addictive.

I truly believe with this mode 2k could have kept their game alive and relevant had they implemented it back then. And that is using packs of cards for "legend" players that they had licenses for.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0
I never played it until this year and has been great.

I have had no problem steadily improving my team earning coins through the solo challenges, then go to the auction house and buying players a position at a time. I made the playoffs first season online and lost in the Wildcard, now I am 3-1 in my second season. Love it.

It really isn't a money grubbing mode like it may have been in the past, you just really have to play and plan.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
I guess MUT is cool. I've checked the mode out but it never holds me. I've never been a fantasy player so I have no desire to play a game with mixed players, stars and legends. I am only interested in current rosters and the rosters of the teams that stars and legends come from. IMO, we are missing out on this feature where great teams from the past can match up with other or current teams. NBA2K has this down pat. But, MUT, FUT, and HUT has got to be a boon to EA money wise.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

I play a lot of FUT because it's got a nice season mode, easy to assemble a roster, and has more of an objective I feel. When I played MUT in the past, it seems like there are way too many superstar teams.

There are some things I don't like about this MUT. Badges as author mentions, just an annoying roadblock. Players who are not full ability. Ex: What's the point of giving everyone an 81 overall Richard Sherman or Aaron Rodgers cards? That defeats the purpose of the game. I also dont like all of the different player cards and legeneds. Gets kind of hectic to find players, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
If they could combine MUT with more realistic game lengths, I would be much more inclined to play this personally (making it a mode to be much more invested in timewise). I like to play ball control football - and as the author states, one drive = one half when quarters are so short. I dabbled in it before and quickly lost interest as you have to 'cheese' to put up points so quickly and I want to play realistically.

But hey, other people have fun with what it currently is - so have at it.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
Rookie

MUT and HUT both just feel clunky to me compared to FUT. The user experience seems way more though out in FUT compared to the others. Pretty much everything about the FIFA series is why I still give money to EA.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #8
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12
Mode sounds good but does it turn into one where everyone has star players at every position and everyone has the top players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »