Home

How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level

This is a discussion on How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Is it recommended to play MUT in coach mode? I don't play any other mode and feel like playing MUT in coach mode might not be the most ideal. If so, I'll skip it and continue with CFM, which I enjoy immensely.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
I'm not sure to be honest.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
Rookie

iverson3's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
Mode sounds good but does it turn into one where everyone has star players at every position and everyone has the top players?
No it doesn't. Usually people with all good players have spent a pretty penny on packs and what not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #12
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level

Its like an online NFL RPG.

Solo challenges are like quest lines leading up to the elite boss battles.

Online seasons is like PvP.

Play quests and PvP to earn coins (xp), then use the coins to upgrade your team.

Instead of upgrading individual attributes with xp like on a RPG, you use the coins to upgrage 22 positions on you team to increase your OVR (level).

Every time you pick up the controller, log in and play, it actually means something on a grand, MMO scale.

Its Destiny, with football.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #13
Rookie

Re: How Madden NFL 15's Ultimate Team Mode Has Arrived at the Next-Level

I've been playing MUT since Madden 13, and I must say, this is probably the best it's ever been. I love what they've done with the player overalls this year. There's not many cards that are just unbeatable, which is good. Last year it seemed like they just kept making so many of these 99 overalls, and it seemed like anyone who was paying money to the game got them. This year (At least at this point in the MUT cycle) it's a lot more balanced. The main thing I don't like is contracts, but that's better than it was last year. If it were up to me, there wouldn't be any contracts. Other than that though, I'm enjoying MUT a lot so far.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2
My first reaction to contracts was similar to yours (Mr. Blitz). I've learned to work around it by assembling a "Second String" team that I use to beat the easy solo challenges. Let's face it, any challenge that is at a "rookie" or "pro" level is pretty much beatable with a marginal team (e.g. 65-75 level team). I build up coins with that team, buy players at the auction that are 80 or higher and apply those players to my first string team that I use for the more difficult challenges (and more sparingly). I tend to agree that it is an annoyance but I think it keeps the pay to win players in check a little bit because they have to spend coins and contracts to keep the higher level players on the feild.It also adds to the strategy and keeps you rotating guys in out and trying other players. For example, I have a Denard Robinson (RB) card that is like a 66 (or maybe even lower) that I would have never ran with but after using him I kind of like him...he has a nice spin move and is a serviceable RB at the rookie and pro levels.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
Rookie

I never played it until this year, but with the issues with the CFM again this year I decided to try it and I like it. I will play until the offline Connected Franchise mode will be fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »