Home

PES 2015 Demo Scheduled to Arrive on September 23rd, Details Included

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Demo Scheduled to Arrive on September 23rd, Details Included within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2015 Demo Scheduled to Arrive on September 23rd, Details Included

So I have been playing the demo for the past hour or so, rapid firing games. My initial impression is really good. I'm really enjoying the pace of the game and... the midfield! I'm coming from Fifa so it is nice to have a slower pace where it isn't just lightning speed countering and getting the ball to your forwards.

Speaking of gameplay, I am immediately more happy with what PES is giving us than what Fifa 15 is. The animations, and the transitions between animations (it can seem awkward when players change direction), are much much better in Fifa, and I still haven't gotten a handle on/begun to like the pressuring with X in PES, but overall PES is more satisfying. I am really enjoying the build-up in PES, as well as how hard a countering team like Atletico can hit me if I try to dangle them or do something that would be foolish in a real game. If there is one thing I would choose to have improved in PES, it would be the feel and look of dribbling. Fifa has done a great job with it this year, where the animations are very smooth and the on the ball touch feeling realistic.

Regarding presentation, I think we should all admit that Fifa does a great job with this. PES doesn't look nearly as good, whether it be in menus, atmosphere, sound, many of the player faces, or player animations, but it will be acceptable if only the gameplay stays really strong. The stadiums look great, the fans look great, with some good commentary and crowd sounds, the shortcomings in the menus will be easy to look past.

Overall, having a surprisingly good time with the demo. If it weren't for Champs League right now, I wouldn't be able to put the controller down. Great job by Konami to really close that gap with Fifa.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #18
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
For the love of god, somebody please tell me that I'm just overlooking the option to change controller settings. I love the game, but the default setup is far from ideal for me, I hate to think I'm stuck with it for 2 months waiting on the full release.

On the upside, it plays and looks great, and the CPU actually passes the ball backwards quite frequently. That's right, backwards.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
For the love of god, somebody please tell me that I'm just overlooking the option to change controller settings. I love the game, but the default setup is far from ideal for me, I hate to think I'm stuck with it for 2 months waiting on the full release.

On the upside, it plays and looks great, and the CPU actually passes the ball backwards quite frequently. That's right, backwards.
Ya you can change it at the controller select screen.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #20
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
Ya you can change it at the controller select screen.
Thanks man, that makes my day. Last year it was all done under the 'system settings' tab. I hate having the deft touch and the sprint buttons on the same side of the controller, feels so awkward to me.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #21
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

played a few more games. I'm trying to find the negatives because I'm really liking everything about it right now. So another negative is the gk parries frequently again. It hasn't cost me a cheap goal though......yet. On the flip side, when you make the keeper come off his line, he does so with authority and sense of urgency unlike the slow trot in the other game.

Last edited by rckabillyRaider; 09-17-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #22

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

If any one wants play the demo now I highly suggest creating a Hong Kong account. Its pretty simple, all you need is a email account that doesn't have a PSN account. The set up is very simple, I'm downloading the demo now.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #23
dsk
Rookie

OVR: 2

Unbelievable! What a game! I created a Hong Kong account in a matter of moments and with the option of 10 minute halves this demo will hold me over for a long time. (playing on PS3.. facial models are incredible.. game plays smooth and very responsive.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Created a HK account. Downloading now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »