Home

NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Stick it on PC, format it like NBA 2K, and watch the modding community go nuts. We'll have the best hockey game in existence.
Bingo. Bring a full fledged version to PC and let the community take it to new heights. It will easily surpass it's competitor game, especially given that the competitor has flopped this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #26
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

I'm surprised about this for the reason that 2K felt it was worthwhile to buy the NHL license. Would love for them to find value in developing an NHL licensed console game again.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yausser1017
How do they have the real teams? I do not know much about the hockey licensing, but doesn't EA have the exclusive NHL license?
EA doesn't have exclusive NHL license.

2K ended with NHL2k10 due to poor sales,
EA's game was much better in the PS3 gen, but now EA really could use the competition.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
EA doesn't have exclusive NHL license.

2K ended with NHL2k10 due to poor sales,
EA's game was much better in the PS3 gen, but now EA really could use the competition.

They ended with 2k11 for Wii.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:56 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I thought this was a discussion on 2k's mobile game, not an EA bashing party.

What I will say in EA's defense is that they are the only hockey game because it was clearly better. There was no exclusivity to the NHL product. 2k left because it didn't have sells and because it had an inferior game.

I don't think this is a spring board into consoles. I think this is strictly niche market play. There are mobile football games, baseball games, etc., but I cannot think of any real mobile hockey games. They could probably leverage some old infrastructure and make a few dollars. It would be interesting to see if 2k would entertain returning to football via a NCAA title.

Yea right ea nust had a foothold on the market and access to more funds for marketing. They never had the better game. And if ea continues down the path they have for a decade 2k may have the opportunity to come back.

The success of nba 2k has been great for their brand. I can see casuals taking the jump based on 2k accumen .
Old 09-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #30
Rookie

steeleye5's Arena

this may just be my fill for hockey this year. I mean it's practically a $60 game for $8 buck. i hope it's a way back, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here, the game still needs to come out
Old 09-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #31
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
If there was ever a time for 2K to get back in the hockey market, the time is now. 2K needs to stop playing around with this phone app and go all out with a return to consoles. If done right, they could take over EA's reign in the hockey market in one year. It's best to challenge EA now while their series is on life support.
Life Support? lol I'm dying over here from laughter. Once EASHL is back with a number of modes missing then everyone's tune will change. 2K's NHL Series has a LONG, LONG WAY TO GO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

NHL 2K is over people. It's not 1999 anymoe when you first opened NHL 2K and played it on Dreamcast and was amazed what future could hold for this game and then NHL 2K3 on PS2 and you were like WHOA! Those days are over and it's time to move on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »