Home

NBA 2K15 Introduces NBA2K TV

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Introduces NBA2K TV within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #113
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces NBA2K TV

The problem is people feel as though they can come to OS and dump because they think the devs will see them complaining and fall over chairs to fix their personal gripes.

This is not 2k support its operationsports and it still doesn't mean you need to come here complaining about every single thing you can think of because it's a forum.

This mentality has gotten. Too far out of hand and don't be surprised if a lot of it is shut down this year
Old 09-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #114
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
The guy has a point, regardless if it's an industry practice or not, and if his grammar and politeness is off the mark.

That's how the industry works, and it's just some of the lesser evils we have to live with. It doesn't mean he or I have to like it. Not one bit.

Some facts are still relevant, such as last-generation consoles still having the largest install base, yet are second fiddle when it comes to newer features. That's understandable. The matter of untimely updates, is unacceptable in contrast to its next-generation counterparts.
A game company has to look toward the future and the only way to do that is to focus primarily on next gen games. A development team is only so big and to expect them to focus on last gen for even a fraction of their time is unrealistic and unreasonable. I would hate to have to wait for years for them to add all of the features they did this year because they felt an obligation to focus on adding features for a console that probably has 1 or two years left as a dominant console.

Same goes with updates. Most patches are done not only to fix issues for that particular game but also future games. Focusing on providing updates/patches for last gen is short sighted from a business perspective because that version will only be around for 2 yrs tops.

It sucks but people have a choice. They can not buy the game, save that money and put it toward a new system or they can buy the game and accept the limitations of the game on their current system.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #115
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The problem is people feel as though they can come to OS and dump because they think the devs will see them complaining and fall over chairs to fix their personal gripes.

This is not 2k support its operationsports and it still doesn't mean you need to come here complaining about every single thing you can think of because it's a forum.

This mentality has gotten. Too far out of hand and don't be surprised if a lot of it is shut down this year
Thats another great point and I'm something that I'm gonna address before release. Just because devs frequent the forum doesnt give you the right to demand that they answer your question or respond to your complaint. They dont have to answer a particular question or no questions at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #116
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A game company has to look toward the future and the only way to do that is to focus primarily on next gen games. A development team is only so big and to expect them to focus on last gen for even a fraction of their time is unrealistic and unreasonable. I would hate to have to wait for years for them to add all of the features they did this year because they felt an obligation to focus on adding features for a console that probably has 1 or two years left as a dominant console.

Same goes with updates. Most patches are done not only to fix issues for that particular game but also future games. Focusing on providing updates/patches for last gen is short sighted from a business perspective because that version will only be around for 2 yrs tops.

It sucks but people have a choice. They can not buy the game, save that money and put it toward a new system or they can buy the game and accept the limitations of the game on their current system.
As long as we know what's happening sucks, then I don't think we could ask for anything else.

2K can do whatever they want with their resources, and I'll continue to support them for as long as I'm happy with their games. Everyone should feel that way, and everyone should know that 2K (or anyone) can't make everyone happy. It doesn't mean they shouldn't try, because that's what the man's post sounded like to me.

I believe everyone should put their best foot forward when attempting to do anything. If not, let it go. There's a legitimate problem when there's a lack of consistency in regards to having the same level of support between platforms.

For example, Microsoft, Apple, and other tech corporations eventually drop support for their older releases, and have effectively communicated this. If someone were to purchase an older computer or device, then they should be well aware of what they have.

Maybe 2K should do a better job of ironing out those details for anyone with last-generation consoles. I believe that's fair and quite ethical for any business. So, I won't even try to rationalize whatever is going on the other side of the fence to justify how things are. That's their job, not mine, or anyone else not working with them.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #117
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The guy has a point, regardless if it's an industry practice or not, and if his grammar and politeness is off the mark.

That's how the industry works, and it's just some of the lesser evils we have to live with. It doesn't mean he or I have to like it. Not one bit.

Some facts are still relevant, such as last-generation consoles still having the largest install base, yet are second fiddle when it comes to newer features. That's understandable. The matter of untimely updates, is unacceptable in contrast to its next-generation counterparts.

To add on, I believe it's a bit disappointing when we accept things for how they are because "everyone else is doing it". That's how features and privileges are gradually removed and ignored over time. All it takes is for one corporation to start a trend, and that's in regards to anything.

The guy isn't asking for a whole lot, and I totally understand his frustration. 100%.
Why would they waste time cramming features into old consoles that have limited space? Why not push the new systems to really let their game shine with nothing holding it back? Not only does 2K wanna focus on next gen, I'm sure Microsoft and Sony would rather show off the game on newer consoles where it looks and plays better.

It's a partnership, Xbox and PS want users to switch to next gen and buy the new consoles and 2K is helping by making (imo) the best sports games on next gen.

Not to be a (you know) but really it's not that expensive to get a new system, really. It's been talked about for a while and it's been out for a while...if you're into games to the point where you come on the forums for them, you should be able to invest money and get the better version.

Quote:
For example, Microsoft, Apple, and other tech corporations eventually drop support for their older releases, and have effectively communicated this. If someone were to purchase an older computer or device, then they should be well aware of what they have.

Maybe 2K should do a better job of ironing out those details for anyone with last-generation consoles. I believe that's fair and quite ethical for any business. So, I won't even try to rationalize whatever is going on the other side of the fence to justify how things are. That's their job, not mine, or anyone else not working with them.
2K isn't dropping support for last gen, as long as they're releasing the games and adding new features be happy. They're focusing on next gen because that's the new platform for 2K games, they can't make any more strides on 360 or PS3, it's just not possible.

It's like when the 2015 version of a car comes out, you can still take the old one to the garage but it doesn't have all the features of the new one...still works though.

If you want the best you gotta pay for it, I don't see how anyone can complain about last gen games not having all the features and improvements when it's almost impossible to add on to them.

-Allen Iverson

Last edited by HowDareI; 09-20-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #118
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Why would they waste time cramming features into old consoles that have limited space? Why not push the new systems to really let their game shine with nothing holding it back? Not only does 2K wanna focus on next gen, I'm sure Microsoft and Sony would rather show off the game on newer consoles where it looks and plays better.

It's a partnership, Xbox and PS want users to switch to next gen and buy the new consoles and 2K is helping by making (imo) the best sports games on next gen.

Not to be a (you know) but really it's not that expensive to get a new system, really. It's been talked about for a while and it's been out for a while...if you're into games to the point where you come on the forums for them, you should be able to invest money and get the better version.

2K isn't dropping support for last gen, as long as they're releasing the games and adding new features be happy. They're focusing on next gen because that's the new platform for 2K games, they can't make any more strides on 360 or PS3, it's just not possible.

It's like when the 2015 version of a car comes out, you can still take the old one to the garage but it doesn't have all the features of the new one...still works though.

If you want the best you gotta pay for it, I don't see how anyone can complain about last gen games not having all the features and improvements when it's almost impossible to add on to them.
Everything you've said is perfectly understandable, and quite logical. Really, it is. However, problems occur when this isn't communicated to potential consumers. Especially, when 2K is the only publisher for last-gen basketball simulation games.

That man was not asking for new features, but roster updates and bug fixes. In other words, he'd be happy paying $60 for NBA 2K14.2.14 featuring NBA 2K15 rosters. Negative connotation aside, again, he's not asking for much, if anything in light of what's being packed into its next-generation counterparts.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #119
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Everything you've said is perfectly understandable, and quite logical. Really, it is. However, problems occur when this isn't communicated to potential consumers. Especially, when 2K is the only publisher for last-gen basketball simulation games.

That man was not asking for new features, but roster updates and bug fixes. In other words, he'd be happy paying $60 for NBA 2K14.2.14 featuring NBA 2K15 rosters. Negative connotation aside, again, he's not asking for much, if anything in light of what's being packed into its next-generation counterparts.
Well it seems to me that 2K probably has the same team working on last and next gen 2K's, so they probably look to get all updates out for the new consoles faster.

And I think (at least last year), all updates came out slower than usual because of all the bugs we had.

Can't say if it's a fluke or not but I'd be willing to bet last year was just schedule problems.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #120
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

Not really. He will get a roster update when the game releases. Now will he get more after release? Who knows. He wants a new cyberface for Chandler Parsons. Thats not a bug fix. He's unhappy with a player face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »