Home

NBA 2K15 Introduces NBA2K TV

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Introduces NBA2K TV within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces NBA2K TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach k411
Alhobert can you check your personal messages please
For the record, I'm genuinely curious as to what this dude could possibly be asking each mod that told him to use the MyGM thread instead of starting new ones.

Now, to the actual point of the thread, I think it's a pretty cool idea, and from what was said in the other thread, they have a good start with the producer. I'm not likely to ever really pay attention to it, but any feature that increases engagement in the community is good for the game as a whole from year to year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #122
Rookie

First of all I apologize for the language of my previous post, I understand it was a bit excessive. Also if my grammar wasn't perfect I'm sorry but English is not my native language.

I have to say tho that luda06 was the only one to get my point: I don't care about having the same features from the next gen games.. I totally understand that there may be technical limitations. Actually, I don't want those features. I would never spend my time on a console watching an episode of 2K TV, but that's just me.
If it was for me, I would be happy to spend my money on a game without even MyTeam, MyPlayer, Crews, Lebron's Path etc. but with accurate rosters and no bugs. But that's just me, I perfectly understand that there are millions of other users who think differently.

The Chandler Parsons example I made was just to show the first thing that came to my mind as an example of a thing that 2K neglected for multiple years, but that would take them less time and resources to fix than implementing this 2K TV thing.
Yes I'm frustrated because I'm showing loyalty to the franchise even if I can't get a next gen system (and don't come here telling me it's not THAT, expensive... I have better ways of spending 500$ and that's none of your business) buying the game every year but instead of seeing some progress I see regression. NBA 2K13 at least received multiple patches and had more timely roster updates,last year we got no patches and roster updates where the new players even had the wrong photo (Faverani).

Bottom line, I think that if you don't care about supporting at least at a minimum level one of your products you shouldn't even bother releasing it, instead of happily grabbing the money your clients are throwing at you and then leave them in oblivion.

Thank god there are great roster editors on forums like this who put a lot more passion and time at making the game better (for free nonetheless!) than the actual developers of the game.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
If it was for me, I would be happy to spend my money on a game without even MyTeam, MyPlayer, Crews, Lebron's Path etc. but with accurate rosters and no bugs. But that's just me, I perfectly understand that there are millions of other users who think differently.
"I'm aware that there are millions of other gamers that want new features that take a lot of time to work on, now allow me to discuss how the 2K team does not care about the game because they're not fixing some minor things that are important to me."

Quote:
The Chandler Parsons example I made was just to show the first thing that came to my mind as an example of a thing that 2K neglected for multiple years, but that would take them less time and resources to fix than implementing this 2K TV thing.
It doesn't matter that it takes less time and resources. It still takes some time and resources, which could be spent working on things like 2K TV that a lot of people might care about enough to continue spending money on the game.

Quote:
Yes I'm frustrated because I'm showing loyalty to the franchise even if I can't get a next gen system (and don't come here telling me it's not THAT, expensive... I have better ways of spending 500$ and that's none of your business) buying the game every year but instead of seeing some progress I see regression. NBA 2K13 at least received multiple patches and had more timely roster updates,last year we got no patches and roster updates where the new players even had the wrong photo (Faverani).
2K also has better things to spend their money on than man-hours to continuously patch a game that is not going to be something that is likely to help the company going forward.

Quote:
Bottom line, I think that if you don't care about supporting at least at a minimum level one of your products you shouldn't even bother releasing it, instead of happily grabbing the money your clients are throwing at you and then leave them in oblivion.
Even if it were the case that 2K released a product that nobody bothered to exert any effort on (it's not), it'd be a terribly stupid business decision to leave that money on the table. They're not going to make last-gen a focus, because the market for those games is dwindling, but the market is still there right now and they have to capitalize on it.

Quote:
Thank god there are great roster editors on forums like this who put a lot more passion and time at making the game better (for free nonetheless!) than the actual developers of the game.
This is just offensively false. These roster editors do a fantastic job, but I'm guessing they don't spend 40+ hours a week for an entire year on making the game better. 2K has some passionate, talented developers that make this game possible. The fact that there are talented people out there willing to fix these rosters so carefully is evidence that 2K is making a product worth playing, or else I'm sure they'd find something else to do.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #124
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

My first thought was a show that discusses events/moves around the league like signings, trades/rumors, etc.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #125
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
First of all I apologize for the language of my previous post, I understand it was a bit excessive. Also if my grammar wasn't perfect I'm sorry but English is not my native language.

I have to say tho that luda06 was the only one to get my point: I don't care about having the same features from the next gen games.. I totally understand that there may be technical limitations. Actually, I don't want those features. I would never spend my time on a console watching an episode of 2K TV, but that's just me.

Come on man, I didn't personally attack anyone but $400 for a PS4 or Xbox One is a small price to pay one time for the better game (that's updated with more urgency) that's all I'm saying.
You were talking about Parsons and roster updates and both of those are present on next gen.

And I guess you seem to not understand, nowhere on the 2K14 or whatever 2K it is for that matter does it say "we're obligated to update rosters every week"..it does say, however, "rosters are accurate as of..." every year.

If you can't wait to have the official rosters it's not that hard to do it yourself, a lot of us do...

But this is so off topic...

I think this is pretty cool, anything that adds more content (if they keep it updated) is a plus, regardless if you like it or not. For a $60 game, to have all these modes and features is awesome as a gamer.

I just hope "MyPark" is going to deliver that Crew experience to us next gen guys like they've been promising, it would be cool to have top 10's on 2K TV for Park plays.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:20 AM   #126
Pro

I just came in here to say this looks awesome. It's refreshing to see 2K try out new things and out their ideas in games in order for us to have fun. Not only are they bundling true next gen features for a true next gen experience, but it also seems like they're going to have a "channel" dedicated just for 2k gamers.. With periodic updates, interviews, etc.. With people I'm sure they are PAYING, because it's a job, which most of you 12 year olds or adults depending on mommy don't understand or care about, and supplying it to us for FREE (unless there's some kind of subscription fee which I doubt) and STILL you guys derail the thread with nonsense. If your arguments had justifiable points, then you'd get somewhere.

Man, some of you guys are ridiculous. You see a screenshot of a menu showcasing a new feature, and immediately jump to conclusions. Have some faith in 2k. I genuinely believe they care about the fans. I also believe the majority will love and use this feature, give it a chance. This trailer is just a tease
Old 09-22-2014, 05:01 AM   #127
Rookie

Jellobiafra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I saw this thread title and I instantly thought this was about some type of ingame recap show for MyGM, now THAT would be exciting as heck, but this still seems interesting
This ^^^ I did exactly the same thing.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #128
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
That's not enough!
How long does it take to 2K for making 5-minute NBA2K15 old gen gameplay, record it and put it on Youtube !? Come on. If you do not show any old-gen gameplay means that gameplay is the same as last year, only with some players movement plus
I don't know what you're really looking for in last gen. Those consoles have pretty much maxed out their potential. What you saw last year is what you'll get this year. It's time to upgrade, buddy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »