Home

FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

FIFA 15
has found its way into stores, and many of you are no doubt spending big parts of your day playing this year's game. You can check out our initial impressions of the game here.

What do you think about the game? Post your impressions here!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: FIFA 15 Retail Impressions (Xbox One & PS4)

So I'm really surprised how different the retail version feels from the demo.

Everything seems a touch smoother, player switching seems better, defensive AI seems more competent, and passing on manual feels more responsive and fluid (still a tad too slow on default, but doesn't feel as "clunky" as in the demo).

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the flow of play on slow speed, and like seeing the cpu doing a bit of build up play at times. It's not perfect, but I understand that the gameplay has to scale somewhat for a sub 90 minute game. Realistic buildup play wouldn't produce much of a game playing 10 minute halves.

Defending feels really good. Feels more responsive than the demo. You still have to be patient, but the cpu seems less godly with its tight dribbling. You have more of an ability to corral the cpu player on the ball into space and make a play.

I'm sure I'll see some warts as I play, but this is definitely a strong improvement over 14, and I'll be putting a ton of time into it. Best sports title EA has put out this year, and it's not close. A proper combination of looks, gameplay, and game mode variety.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Im just happy that fouls are being called now. Especially for the cpu ai, this is the first time ive seen a fifa game where the cpu got 5 fouls and 3 cards. And the crowd, amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesizzle
Im just happy that fouls are being called now. Especially for the cpu ai, this is the first time ive seen a fifa game where the cpu got 5 fouls and 3 cards. And the crowd, amazing!

Yeah, this is a big thing. If you properly recognize the situation, and don't push forward when the path is defended, you can really draw a lot of fouls from the cpu.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Please forgive repost:

I prepaid the PC version and downloaded while working today. Fired it up for three quick games at 9pm Pacific Time on Professional / Slow / All Manual. I couldn't help it, I had to reduce the Sprint & Accel sliders, otherwise I left it on defaults.

Overall, I feel like this might be the year of Be Careful What You Wish For. Last year's game was $%#@ing excellent, admittedly, but it was also a bit stilted in terms of pace, movement, variety of scoring. The two biggest flaws were the overpowered crossing / headed goals (on corners it was far too easy to score goals even after the patches) *and* the penalties. I hope both are fixed this year. I also didn't like how crammed it was in midfield and the deflections and toe-poke tackles were crazy.

All of that seems to be fixed this year, but it feels a bit like a cartoon for lack of better description. That has something to do with the physics and a lot to do with the models and textures. Ibra and Mertesacker look like fcking flesh golems out there. They're ENORMOUS. Then, conversely, I was running alongside Mertesacker with Aaron Ramsay and he looked like a midget. They went a bit over the top with these models. Oh well. It's something different, I'll give them credit for that!

Attacking feels incredibly fluid this year and, small sample size, but I was drubbing Derby County with PSG 3-0 at half. Ibrahimovic is indeed a beast in this game. Then, I played Arsenal and scoring opportunities for both sides were few and far between. Played to 0-0 draw.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with difficulty settings, but I may be playing on Pro this year. It feels good to me. We'll see.

So, after a few short games playing the retail version, dare I say it but I was having...fun! Last year's game was brutal but rewarding. This year, we might all have to indulge a sort of nostalgic 16-bit era enjoyment and manage our expectations considerably when it comes to the simulation side of the equation.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
Rookie

mrcultureshock's Arena

OVR: 1

I played the game right after it went live on Origin last night and I found it quite fun. My sliders are on default and the player speed/accel feels really too fast. The CPU GK was way too strong IMHO at default.

I played as Man U vs Leicester at home and dominated the game at the beginning but slowly lost momentum and lost late in the game. I then played Man U vs MK Dons as a visitor and the game felt very different. MK Dons played high pressure at the beginning of the game their forwards and MF were on me every time I got the ball. But slowly I started to find holes in their defense and went on to win 3-0.

The best thing about 15 is the passing. It feels more organic and I feel that I have control even when I make a mistake. Also, the passing is more fluid than last year.

All in all I really like the game so far.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I really liked the demo, and retail,feels so much better.
I played a few drop in games last night and it was nice to see the AI mates play so much better then 14. As striker I passed it out wide to the winger who ran it down the side, and when he didn't have a cross he pulled it back and dribbled back to midfield and passed it back to restart the attack. In 14 the would have just dribbled into the defense.

Many times I gave the ball to the AI and let them work, and they did a nice job and avoiding the D and working the ball around. Not perfect but year beyond 14.

Also I felt more heavy on the pitch then I did in the demo, the movement wasn't so floaty and arcadey like 14.

Looks great so far
Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #8
Rookie

tjung0831's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

FIFA 15 plays great....playing on pro default with manual but I actually upped the speed to fast and I really like the way it plays. I'll probably put the speed back down to normal eventually but this is a really great game. No complaints at this point.
Played as Aston Villa my first game and defeated Leicester 2-1 and I feel like I earned both goals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »