Home

NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

Bagm, just finished a game did not get Stars of game ?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #18
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
Please correct me, if I'm wrong. But as it goes, I'm disappointed with the playoffs mode.

I like the fact that you can create your own tournaments from any league, but that's it. You cannot choose a team you play through the whole tournament, actually trying to win it. Instead you play every team in the tournament (or simulate through it). This cuts down the atmosphere of fighting your own team or country through a tournament to win the title. I don't feel any compete atmosphere in this mode due to this. :/

What I was awaiting the most was the tournaments and if this is where it stays... well, meh.

Also, there's still no playoffs in Ultimate Team. And the anchors keep calling me "Anaheim, which is not my teams name ._.".
Wait, what? You can't pick your team in playoff mode? You have to manually sim all games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster1
Bagm, just finished a game did not get Stars of game ?
Anyone else see 3 stars in BaGM? If you have to restart a BaGM for such a simple update, this wouldn't bode well for not having to restart again when that draft patch drops.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #19
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok Im dead tired after playing 3 full games on near allstar default sliders on Playoff mode for NHL 15 so take it for what its worth but I think it plays alot like NHL 14 playoff mode and prior versions .

As this mode has always been a heavily boosted mode on default to mimic playoff hockey BUT it uses turbo skaters , everyone dekes like Crosby, big hits , constant checking , stick lifting , tilted Ice , home ice advantage and fewer penalties to mimic NHL Playoff hockey but all at a crazy pace so if you wanna be challenged to the max youll probably like it on default but Im gonna have to tone it down a tad and use my adjustments from last year.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #20
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
It's good that EA has added modes here but playoff mode? The season has not even started yet. Why don't they try to add season mode first and then have many months to add playoff mode. I am guessing this is harder to do but it just seems silly to have playoff mode before the season mode.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #21
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Wait, what? You can't pick your team in playoff mode? You have to manually sim all games?

Anyone else see 3 stars in BaGM? If you have to restart a BaGM for such a simple update, this wouldn't bode well for not having to restart again when that draft patch drops.
I just chose my teams and I could be all teams and then play or sim each game ?
I mean you dont have to highlight them any more , man Im tired
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #22
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
It's good that EA has added modes here but playoff mode? The season has not even started yet. Why don't they try to add season mode first and then have many months to add playoff mode. I am guessing this is harder to do but it just seems silly to have playoff mode before the season mode.
A season mode would be a bug fest and I really think this playoff mode has just been ported from 14 and the players in the cup celebration looked ps3 ish , even puck physics seem different but once again its always been a boosted mode and Im dead tired Ill try again later.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-23-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #23
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

I saw in the "Update History" notes on PS4 that there's also "Over 100 improvements and fixes to game modes", apparently. I guess we're just supposed to take their word for it on that one and figure out what these are ourselves? Any info posted somewhere?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife

Exactly. You have to manually sim/play all games. There's no "your" team. Also, if you want to choose other than NHL in Playoffs, you have to manually switch every single team. You can't just choose "international" and have every team international. You have to do that separately for every team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »