Home

FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

It’s been kind of an uneven year for EA Sports, with Madden being quite solid, EA Sports UFC receiving a mixed response and NHL 15 getting panned. Then you’ve got NBA Live and whatever that will be this year, but that’s yet to be known. With all of that, it’s a pleasure to see a product from EA that arrives with confidence and proper execution, and this is what can happen when a team has the resources to keep improving on their vision year over year.

Read More - FIFA 15 Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1 Review)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 32
Well done, Glenn! I found myself nodding along.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
This year's FIFA will be the first one that I buy in 3 years. The overall next gen package is very nicely well done. Cheers EA. Great product
Old 09-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
quote from review:
"FIFA has been a perfectly enjoyable gameplay experience in the last few years"

This may be where I stopped reading (last years FIFA gameplay involved spamming headers and over the top through balls, and ended up having not much of a gameplay after that, the game was shallow). The gameplay of FIFA is just not that fun (for sim fans). I played the demo and the whole thing was supercharged with players running so fast and passing so fast it was nuts. It may have gotten better but I am still on the fence with FIFA gameplay. This is ALL I care about when it comes to sports games (I don't do FUT, pretty much fut FUT). I want a in depth analysis of the gameplay not a short paragraph saying oh the goalies are better. Anyway just some random thoughts. Don't think I will get it this year, they have seemed to speed it all way up for the casual gamer and have given players super abilitys to turn on a dime while going a hundred miles per hour. Found myself just spamming the turbo button in the Demo and going wherever I wanted. No buildup, no difference in the way I setup getting goals, no satisfaction.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Great review. Loving this year's FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
The gameplay of FIFA is just not that fun (for sim fans). .........This is ALL I care about when it comes to sports games
First of all, both games are not true sims of the sport and second, I don't understand why you bought a brand new system that offers more in technology to display a lot more in a 60 plus dollar game, if all you care about is gameplay? but....heh! that's just me

Last edited by cadalyst17; 09-26-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
This game is lot of fun! The game play is fluid and goals are varied. Of course you can speed up the game by mashing turbo. However, I like to build up play and not exploit turbo. I feel when you slow down the game, the cpu responds in similar fashion. I think we tend to forget that we are not playing 45 min halfs. I play 9-10 min halfs, so I don't expect the gameplay to be a true sim. This is a video game after all and true sim is not their target market. I've been playing sports games since RBI baseball on the nes and this is some of the most fun I have ever had.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
The game is not boring, but it is going in a more arcade direction that I would want. And you can tell that a lot of time goes to the Ultimate Team improvements. I have always played as a manager/player, and they still have the same issues than in previous years. They are not doing anything with that. They should take a look to NBA2k to see what you can do to get a player more immerse into the action. The defensive AI is still the weakest link for me, and this year the pace is too fast for my taste. Also, the audio in Spanish is still not good. Do they sell 15 million of copies just in UK and USA? I don't think so. EA is not taking care of their Spanish customers like it should be. But eh! it is a Anglo, white company.
Yes, it has great animations and it is a very entertaining game, if you just care about that.
Great review, although I don't agree with some parts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »