Home

FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
The game is not boring, but it is going in a more arcade direction that I would want. And you can tell that a lot of time goes to the Ultimate Team improvements. I have always played as a manager/player, and they still have the same issues than in previous years. They are not doing anything with that. They should take a look to NBA2k to see what you can do to get a player more immerse into the action. The defensive AI is still the weakest link for me, and this year the pace is too fast for my taste. Also, the audio in Spanish is still not good. Do they sell 15 million of copies just in UK and USA? I don't think so. EA is not taking care of their Spanish customers like it should be. But eh! it is a Anglo, white company.
Yes, it has great animations and it is a very entertaining game, if you just care about that.
Great review, although I don't agree with some parts.
...not to be politically correct, but spaniards are white and EA is not a "white company"; it is an american company with employees from various backgrounds. you must still be in grade school.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Cool review, it's good to know at least soccer games still see competitiveness with PES looking to be great as well. I found it interesting you referred to FIFA as the best series in our genre. Imo, I'd give that to MLB The Show. Just something random that caught my attention lol
Old 09-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #11
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
quote from review:
"FIFA has been a perfectly enjoyable gameplay experience in the last few years"

This may be where I stopped reading (last years FIFA gameplay involved spamming headers and over the top through balls, and ended up having not much of a gameplay after that, the game was shallow). The gameplay of FIFA is just not that fun (for sim fans). I played the demo and the whole thing was supercharged with players running so fast and passing so fast it was nuts. It may have gotten better but I am still on the fence with FIFA gameplay. This is ALL I care about when it comes to sports games (I don't do FUT, pretty much fut FUT). I want a in depth analysis of the gameplay not a short paragraph saying oh the goalies are better. Anyway just some random thoughts. Don't think I will get it this year, they have seemed to speed it all way up for the casual gamer and have given players super abilitys to turn on a dime while going a hundred miles per hour. Found myself just spamming the turbo button in the Demo and going wherever I wanted. No buildup, no difference in the way I setup getting goals, no satisfaction.
I guess what I was getting at here was that I've found previous FIFA games to have gameplay that I can enjoy on a certain level, especially with humans. This year it's a much better experience, especially on harder sliders.

I wouldn't say the demo gives a great representation of what the game is really like, as it was set to fairly low settings (I believe).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #12
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
The gameplay of FIFA is just not that fun (for sim fans).
I always wondered what "sim" means to some sports gamers. Do you want a fully-simulated game within the game? Because you can't truly sim the pace and flow of a football match unless you're playing a full 90 minutes, in which case no thanks. I'll keep my arcade game.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Great review. I've had nothing but fun with the demo, and hope to be receiving my rental in the mail today. While some of the player models could use some work (someone please tell me they've updated Ozil and Pirlo), I've found the graphics and presentation to be top notch for the most part, and the added GK animations really bring a lot to the game. More than anything, as mentioned, the goal variety is much better this year, mainly because of better keepers and less cheesy headers. While I find that PES is ahead of FIFA in several areas regarding gameplay, I was very surprised to be getting greater goal variety from FIFA this year.

Really excited to watch some Premier league tomorrow morning and then dive right into some FIFA.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

I obviously don't mean a game that takes 90 minutes but feels and plays "like soccer." Where I have to build up play, use support, in other words do things that happen in real soccer games. I just want the feeling of playing an actual soccer game. I guess some people feel it has this but I just do not. A great example of a fun "sim" game was NFL 2K5. Felt like football but still was fun.

I just find this years FIFA to be soooo fast. For most this is great, I just don't love the feel of it. I don't love that you can be going full speed with a player and still be able to dodge other defenders with ease. I want the speed burst to be a risk/reward. Yes you can go faster but you are more vulnerable to defenders. Wasn't feeling those kind of aspects this year.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #15
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Try Orion's sliders, I found they give the game a slower, more deliberate feel. It still may not be perfect but at least the tempo might be more to your liking. Not to mention the CPU actually makes passing errors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #16
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

thanks. I shall give them a try. The overall package is nice but I actually like the pace of FIFA 14 much more. One other thing no one has said is how jerky the turbo animation is. The play doesn't feel smooth, doesn't feel like the beautiful game. just herkin and jerkin everywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »