Home

FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy
I wouldn't say the demo gives a great representation of what the game is really like, as it was set to fairly low settings (I believe).
I hated the 15 demo this year. This is the first year where the demo changed my mind from pre-ordering to not buying.

I waited to read player opinions and of course the review here before buying today. There's always differences between demos and the final game, but this year is a huge difference. In the demo the difficulties were just all over the place (I got ripped in pro on the demo with a superior team).

People really need to ignore this year's demo. I won't rehash all the demo issues, other than to say the final game is much more refined.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I hated the 15 demo this year. This is the first year where the demo changed my mind from pre-ordering to not buying.

I waited to read player opinions and of course the review here before buying today. There's always differences between demos and the final game, but this year is a huge difference. In the demo the difficulties were just all over the place (I got ripped in pro on the demo with a superior team).

People really need to ignore this year's demo. I won't rehash all the demo issues, other than to say the final game is much more refined.
I agree completely
Old 09-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #19
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Great review! Except for the server part or maybe I am just having trouble on the ps4?!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sigh. The review glosses over lot of pretty big problems introduced this year. The removal of anti-aliasing on next-gen, the over-emphasis on attacking over defending and the wonky keeper AI (super-keepers from mid-range but yet brain-dead zombies with one-on-ones) just to name a few. If these things can be fixed/adjusted in future patches it could very well be a"9" title, but given the current state I think the community consensus is something much lower, at least when compared to FIFA 14 NG. Don't get me wrong - it does do a lot right, like toning down lofted through balls and fixing CPU fouling, but the niggling problems are things that should be easy enough to fix if EA is held accountable...
Old 09-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
ISS/Winning Eleven 2002 ps1, Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution ps2, Fifa 10 / WC 2010 ps3/xbox360. THe games that were real revolution considering football simulatons. Everything else is pretty much not worth mentioning at all (PES 6 and Fifa 12 are ridiculously overrated).

Since EA left behind fantastic NG engine which had amazing animations and great ball control physics with real 360 movement and invented "impact" engine which they now are trying to convert to "ignite", FIFA lost it's connection with real football. Imact/ignite engine fails to bring that natural feel like it is actually a game of football although they are really trying,,, This year the ball physics for shooting is amazing, but when u look at ball control and passing, the old impact engine problems are still there... Passing and runing animations are just not natural and it is a game killer for every real football fan.

Konami on the other side, since ps1 and ps2 games mentioned at the begining of my post, didn't do anything good. PES 6 and everything else Konami did after that was simply ********, i cannot describe how awful physycis and animations were, that basic feel of football was simply not existing in their games. Fox enigne last year changed that, but PES 14 was not finished, it was full of bugs and ******** AI, the game was unplayable. PES 15 is finished and playable PES 14, but there is only slight improvement of animations and shooting ball physics, and I expected they will finally make a hard effort about their game and complete one. I guess that may happen in 5 years, maybe... But Fox engine has the potential, noone can doubt that.

So in year 2014-2015, we still can't get a football game which has real life animations and physics? WTF?

Football/soccer is not like american football (which I am a big big fan) or hockey, you cannot have the same aproach to this simulation because there is much more finesse things you have to worry about and deliver it the right way... This is what I'm talking about, this is real football: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ACUzCCza8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #22
Banned

Wista5's Arena

I like Match Day and the ability to play along with the season. This has become my favorite game mode in NBA 2K & MLB the show. EA needs to get it together and add this mode to Madden 16 and NHL 16 as well.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #23
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
all I know is I looooovvvveee this game and I know almost nothing about soccer. To me that says alot.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #24
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Re: FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

Maybe its these poor graphics thats holding me back from getting the game idk. thought they could have did a better job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »