Home

The Golf Club Patch Details, Could Arrive on September 22nd (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Patch Details, Could Arrive on September 22nd (Xbox One) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #17
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Golf Club Patch Details, Could Arrive on September 22nd (Xbox One)

My guess is the cert process is so complex on Xbox due to the ever evolving nature of the dash OS. It is very complex and with monthly updates of features getting even more so.

Horizon 2 even had an issue yesterday with people in the preview dash. They pushed out a server side fix and a preview dash fix today

Still doesn't help me play golf any sooner
Old 10-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Today's news about the patch was a major buzz-kill! Yeah, I play the game on the PS4 also, but I'd like to be able to play it on my XB1 with my larger, more established Friend base on XBL. It's pretty obvious from this that HBS is in unfamiliar turf with Microsoft and the way they process patches. I don't doubt that as an Indie developer, they get sort of lower tier treatment. Still, I'm very disappointed that it will be at least 5 more days before we might have a shot at seeing a patch for the XB1 version
Old 10-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #19
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

I should update my previous post about the patch delay for the XB1. The worst possible scenario is that if the patch isn't ready for distribution by Wednesday of this coming week, HBS will hold it back and bundle it with the update that is scheduled to be released the week after next, the way it's being presented now.

I know a good bit about what's going on with part of this patch in regard to the game's cameras and presentation options, but I've agreed not to disclose the details until HBS is ready to do so themselves. I can say that these changes will radically change the way I view and experience the game! It's almost going to seem like a new game to me, but I have a psychotic fetish about cameras and presentation These changes, along with what I'm hoping will be performance improvements via the patch should change a lot of attitudes about the game... mine - which is now an apathetic one - included
Old 10-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Chairman7's Arena

OVR: 0

It is such a pain. Friend's score don't appear on my leaderboard and I don't have ghost balls to compete against.

-------------------
GT Chairman7
Old 10-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #21
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7
It is such a pain. Friend's score don't appear on my leaderboard and I don't have ghost balls to compete against.
Yeah, I found this to be the case in a tournament I created. The PS4 patch didn't fully fix this either. They're working on it according to the Community Manager, but we may not see the full fix until the update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #22
Rookie

Chairman7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Yeah, I found this to be the case in a tournament I created. The PS4 patch didn't fully fix this either. They're working on it according to the Community Manager, but we may not see the full fix until the update.
Tournaments? Mate, I can't even start or join a tournament because I get a disconnection error every time.

Very annoying because I like the game.

--------------------
GT Chairman7
Old 10-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #23
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

The Executive Producer of The Golf Club posted news that Microsoft has approved the XB1 patch and it will be posted for download around 5:00 AM, EDT, Friday morning (10/10/14).

They have also indicated that Update 1, which is going to add some new features and content, is ready for submission. They couldn't submit the update for certification until the patch was approved. As an aside, they've planned to submit both the XB1 and PS4 updates for certification at the same time, so now that both versions have been patched, we could see the updated versions as early as next week, although it now seems that Sony is a lot quicker on turning submissions around than Microsoft.

I'm not sure though if HBS can't submit the update until after the patch is posted, or after it had been approved. If it's the latter, they could submit the update to Sony and Microsoft tomorrow. This update is going to really turn some heads, based on what I know about it
Old 10-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #24
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
The Executive Producer of The Golf Club posted news that Microsoft has approved the XB1 patch and it will be posted for download around 5:00 AM, EDT, Friday morning (10/10/14).

They have also indicated that Update 1, which is going to add some new features and content, is ready for submission. They couldn't submit the update for certification until the patch was approved. As an aside, they've planned to submit both the XB1 and PS4 updates for certification at the same time, so now that both versions have been patched, we could see the updated versions as early as next week, although it now seems that Sony is a lot quicker on turning submissions around than Microsoft.

I'm not sure though if HBS can't submit the update until after the patch is posted, or after it had been approved. If it's the latter, they could submit the update to Sony and Microsoft tomorrow. This update is going to really turn some heads, based on what I know about it
Turn some heads, huh? Now that sounds promising

PSN: hoos4974

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »