Home

NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameInformer)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameInformer) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #9
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
These reviews are promising, but they aren't really giving you much in terms of new info.

Also the review has Oct. 7 as the release date.

The NCAA basketball quick action system for plays is something new..
Old 10-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #10
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
GameInformer:

"I noticed in particular that players reacted slowly to loose balls, and some contact animations in the paint resulted in defenders being driven aggressively backwards "
I hope both of these issues are fixed by the 28th that loose ball issue was in 14 argh and with defenders being pushed back it could mean the offensive player over powers the defender on contact in the paint regardless of body size . Hopefully thats tuned cant have everybody getting dunked on and flailing in the paint like that Rose dunk on the offensive impressions vid..gotta have some kinda battle or stalemate going on the paint at times.

Overall ok read so far it wasnt anything that hasnt already been mentioned about live minus the button to cause players to move like on ncaa bb..I cant wait to see true gameplay vids and play the demo.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
some contact animations in the paint resulted in defenders being driven aggressively backwards
Concerned about this.

"Rag doll" physics sounds great, but the defenders body should still be respected....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 17
Great Read..... 600 new Dunk & Lay up animation excited me...that more then Live 10 & 14 combined. I could of sworn quick plays was in Live 10 as well. But at the end of the day this is the third straight positive hands on I've read so the a huge plus.... It's funny all the positive review are from those who'd had a hands on of Live 15 and all the negative are from those who HAVEN"T.... Very Funny..
Old 10-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
Great Read..... 600 new Dunk & Lay up animation excited me...that more then Live 10 & 14 combined. I could of sworn quick plays was in Live 10 as well. But at the end of the day this is the third straight positive hands on I've read so the a huge plus.... It's funny all the positive review are from those who'd had a hands on of Live 15 and all the negative are from those who HAVEN"T.... Very Funny..
My point exactly.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #14
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
I know you are being facetious, but I've felt like this has been EA's approach with Live 15. Get the game in peoples hands as quietly as possible. It's dangerous plan in this world of hype we live in hopefully this is why there's so little visual upgrades being shown.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #15
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Good article I guess, we've seen some of the things that were discussed in the video. 2K's game doesn't look very polished from the videos I watched yesterday. 2K15's features alone might save the game. Live might have something here to compete with game play wise, especially for those who play with real teams, which was hard to do in Live 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
These reviews are promising, but they aren't really giving you much in terms of new info.

Also the review has Oct. 7 as the release date.
Where you see that? I'm surprised it's releasing this early

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Concerned about this.

"Rag doll" physics sounds great, but the defenders body should still be respected....
I hope he's not referring to being stuck or losing control in animation on defense
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »