Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, 360)

Played three 15 minute quarters of a CFM game.

Took all of one quarter to witness my safety with deep zone responsibility come charging upfield for no reason, leaving a streaking WR on a nine route go in for a touchdown uncontested.

I don't know what this patch fixed....I know it's only three quarters but I see no difference in game play with all the same problems. Too many sacks, terrible coverage, etc.

Worse yet, it seems the running game needs patched as well. It's getting easier and easier to get 150 plus yards rushing per game. I have human run block down to 3 with no relief in sight. I think the slider is broken.

Then I remind myself we need to be careful what we ask for from EA. They finally solve the very complex programming issue of how to fix the wind arrow after umpteen years only to have the wind effects now terribly exacerbated. Don't try that 45 yarder into the wind! Raise the FGP slider to compensate and you're easily kicking 70 yarders with the wind at your back. Lose/ lose.

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. Every year it's the same old same old. It's not so much a game as it is a massive "fix er upper" project.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-07-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Played three 15 minute quarters of a CFM game.

Took all of one quarter to witness my safety with deep zone responsibility come charging upfield for no reason, leaving a streaking WR on a nine route go in for a touchdown uncontested.

I don't know what this patch fixed....I know it's only three quarters but I see no difference in game play with all the same problems. Too many sacks, terrible coverage, etc.

Worse yet, it seems the running game needs patched as well. It's getting easier and easier to get 150 plus yards rushing per game. I have human run block down to 3 with no relief in sight. I think the slider is broken.

Then I remind myself we need to be careful what we ask for from EA. They finally solve the very complex programming issue of how to fix the wind arrow after umpteen years only to have the wind effects now terribly exacerbated. Don't try that 45 yarder into the wind! Raise the FGP slider to compensate and you're easily kicking 70 yarders with the wind at your back. Lose/ lose.

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. Every year it's the same old same old. It's not so much a game as it is a massive "fix er upper" project.
And I had competely diffferent results than you did, interesting. Not doubting, just two different experiences.

The run game seemed fine, too.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And I had competely diffferent results than you did, interesting. Not doubting, just two different experiences.

The run game seemed fine, too.
There may be some merit to the idea the underneath coverage has been improved. My main beef with the coverage are the DBs bailing on deep responsibility or leaving their man assignment to charge upfield for no apparent reason. Also, the angles to the ball carrier getting pulled off and abandoned at the last moment (when near the sidelines) forgoing a TD saving tackle.

Maybe I need to burn down my slider house and start over......ugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
There may be some merit to the idea the underneath coverage has been improved. My main beef with the coverage are the DBs bailing on deep responsibility or leaving their man assignment to charge upfield for no apparent reason. Also, the angles to the ball carrier getting pulled off and abandoned at the last moment (when near the sidelines) forgoing a TD saving tackle.

Maybe I need to burn down my slider house and start over......ugh.
I hate slider-itis.

I worked for the last week testing QBA and sacks trying to come up with the right sliders and then, the patch arrived.

So, I reset everything to All-Pro default and noticed the meshes, drives and slants were well covered. Before patch, they were all money plays.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Can anyone confirm that I can complete an offline CFM game now and get back to the menus without it freezing? I would assume this would fall under "Numerous stability improvements" but ya never know, I guess...
Old 10-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #14
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Can anyone confirm that I can complete an offline CFM game now and get back to the menus without it freezing? I would assume this would fall under "Numerous stability improvements" but ya never know, I guess...
I haven't had this issue ever, I think it's something that you're goin to have to see for yourself.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

OVR: 1

Post patch I started a new Offline CFM and in the first pre-season game, Brock Osweiler (sp?) went 21/23 for 250+ yards and a few scores. That was against the Seattle D. Almost nothing was tightly defended...maybe my defensive adjustments pre-snap blow......It was ALL-PRO default sliders. They did however pick me off 3 times with Tarvaris Jackson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I see 0 (zero, zip, nada) change in gameplay for H2H

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »