Home

The Golf Club Patch Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Patch Available Now For Xbox One within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club Patch Details, Could Arrive on September 22nd (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Yes, jaggies are smoother. Frame rate is noticeably better. Hard to put a number on it before I test some more courses.
Good news on both fronts!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
This stood out for me right from the start. Looks better that's for sure
So the jaggy improvements are there based on what I'm reading. I've been trying to get HBS to reveal what if any Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering levels they may have implemented in this patch, but they're silent on it. Certainly sounds like some AA is there though.

Just curious, does the ball look more like a solid sphere now? It gives the impression of being a 2D radar blip in the launch version.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #11
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
The problem courses are still a problem. I tried a couple holes of Ross Hollow and the frame rate still chugs there.
I had a feeling this would be the case. Can you make contact with the ball on the first swing at Ross Hollow GC now? It was taking me 5 to 7 swings before I could figure out the pace it needed for the slower frame rate that environment caused. If you can do that; then the frame rates have improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 AM   #12
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I had a feeling this would be the case. Can you make contact with the ball on the first swing at Ross Hollow GC now? It was taking me 5 to 7 swings before I could figure out the pace it needed for the slower frame rate that environment caused. If you can do that; then the frame rates have improved.
I've actually had success using the same swing rhythm that I use for other courses. From what I've read on HB's forum, the controller inputs run at 60 Hz, even if the animation frame rate is struggling

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 10-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #13
Rookie

habslover10_GoYanks's Arena

OVR: 5

Oh man im pumped
Old 10-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
I've actually had success using the same swing rhythm that I use for other courses. From what I've read on HB's forum, the controller inputs run at 60 Hz, even if the animation frame rate is struggling
Hmmm... this hasn't been my experience with the XB1 or PS4 versions. There are courses on each system that have holes that make me shift my swing speed. I could use the same swing on the first tee at Little Brook Manor all day long on the first tee at Ross Hollow, and I'd never make contact with the ball. I can adapt to it, but it feels a bit awkward and stubborn to have to do it.

I remember reading what you're talking about concerning the input thread, but all I can do is report what I'm experiencing. I can also say that when I'm playing the PC version and I've got frame rates in the mid-30's, or higher, the swing interface feels more fluid than either the PS4's or the XB1's. I think the consoles are on their way with this game. We'll see better frame rates down the road.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 10-10-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Re: The Golf Club Patch Available Now For Xbox One

After playing this a bit more today, I'm not sure the patch did a whole lot toward moving the meter on the XB1 version of TGC. It looks like they've shortened the distance at which the DOF effect is used, making anything beyond 40 yards look abnormally blurry. Yes, the frame rates are faster, overall, but this version is still lagging well behind the PS4 version in looks and performance. I hope the update will remedy some of this when it's released in a couple of weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1
Why can't HB studios just use the new dev kit for the Xbone that was released to bungie and blizzard? It solved the graphics issue with destiny and Diablo 3 through a patch. Why couldn't it work for the golf club?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »