Home

NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience

EA Sports posted a new article today which discusses how Synergy Sports' technology is going to contribute to the NBA Live 15 experience. In a related tweet, EA took a pot shot at NBA 2K15's server issues declaring that EA's "server stability ensures NBA Live 15 will be seamlessly updated all season long."

Of course, NBA Live 15 had some major issues itself with its online component last year.

Here's a look at how Synergy Sports Promises to work with NBA Live this year:

Quote:
"So how does Synergy Sports Technology work with NBA LIVE? Synergy Sports provides us a direct feed of player scouting DNA and Tendencies. We are then able to take this data and apply it to our game – which dynamically affects player tendencies in-game, as well as modes such as LIVE Seasons and Tonight’s Games.

This information also tells us things that don’t appear in the box score, such as shots off the dribble or if a player was being guarded - which all influence ratings. One of the goals we have for the future of NBA LIVE is to remove subjectivity from player ratings and performance – a true 1:1 representation of each and every player in the league."

Another feature talked about in the article are BIG Moments, which "are key plays or stretches of the game such as a player having a huge quarter or a thrilling game winning buzzer beater. You then can play through these quick scenarios with the exact stats, tendencies, and line-ups on a per minute basis."

It'll certainly be interesting to see how well the online components of NBA Live 15 play out, as EA obviously has a chance to do some cool things with the Synergy Sports technology.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-13-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How Synergy Sports Technology Will Work In NBA Live 15

Well it sounds good
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Rookie

"Our server stability ensures that your game will be seamlessly updated – with adjustments being made to player ratings, tendencies and behavior. We are truly #LIVEallSeason long."

Old 10-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nice, can't wait to see it in action. Looking forward to this game
Old 10-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

They told us this last year. With that said, 2 weeks til launch and we still havent seen any meaningful gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
They told us this last year. With that said, 2 weeks til launch and we still havent seen any meaningful gameplay.
Agree. We need gameplay and a demo or at least some info on a demo by Friday. I'll get to try it out on EA Access but that doesn't matter. Live said they'd release gameplay and a demo so that's what I expect.

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-13-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Will believe it when I see it...they don't HAVE to keep telling us they will update daily if that's not the case...they said this in 2010 and 2014 and it wasn't anywhere close to true...

I'm fine with just a consistent update...
Old 10-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Uhh. I don't trust EA in server stability or daily updates at all. I hate hearing that this is their philosophy behind the game is too always give a user a connected experience, it's great in theory but was **** in practice for Live 14. Rosters weren't updated daily or even weekly for that matter. Live 10, mind you a game that came out in 2009, had better server stability and updates than a game released last year. How does that happened? More than anything wrong with Live 14 last year, Synergy Updates was one of the biggest aspects they failed on. I played a lot of Live 14 and enjoyed it, but man did I not see any differences to player tendencies throughout the year, zero, none. Teams didn't utilize their weapons correctly, which might have been because of game play faults but it was annoying see teams like OKC who didn't try to dominate using KD or Westbrook. I thought Synergy would finally make the game challenging, in a sense that you should worry that you are going against KD, Lebron, or any other star. ****, numerous games against the Knicks, Felton would be out shooting Melo by a lot even though I played tight defense on Felton, mind you this was on All-Star difficulty as well. I would rather them have a weekly goal to update rosters and play styles rather than throw out some hype words about the potential of their services or what their partners provided. Weekly updates and smooth online play should be the focus, not a promise of the future of roster updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »