Home

No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

This is a discussion on No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

Back in the summer, it was hinted by EA in an interview that a NBA Live 15 demo would come much earlier than fans expected.

Now two weeks from release and we have zero news on any demo release date, only a vague promise one is coming on Twitter. With no date yet announced, there is definitely a reason for concern considering the two week window is when most games typically deliver demos for fans to see what a new title is bringing to the table. At this point, we don't have any concrete information on if a pre-release demo will even happen. With no real goodwill with sports gaming fans, especially after last year's release which was our lowest rated AAA game ever, there's very little reason for anyone to consider the game until someone verifies how it is going to play.

The good news is that EA Access users will get a six hour trial of the game before release, and its likely at least some media outlets will also have the game soon. Thus, its likely we'll start to find out more about this year's NBA Game from EA soon enough. It just would have been nice for users to get a chance to play some 5-on-5 action before release to make their minds up that way. Here's to hoping the recent trends of no pre-release sports game demos is an unfortunate series of events that won't be repeated next season!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

I honestly assumed "earlier than expected" was out of the window with the delay....
Old 10-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I don't get why they are being so vague on the subject. I'm assuming that it's coming next week or on the 28th. I understand the game was delayed but I think it's ridiculous that they would say the things they say and then not even release a demo two weeks before release. Hopefully I'm wrong but it seems like EA is blowing smoke again.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I don't get it either, but it's definitely a reason to be skeptical. A lot of what we've seen from them so far has been good, but when they still can't show us even a few minutes of gameplay, 2 weeks before their release date, it just doesn't bode well.

I'd love to see this game be good, it's just hard to draw that conclusion based on the 50 seconds of actual 5 on 5 they've shown.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Man...people relax! I don't get why you need a demo two weeks out from the game releasing. Its not like playing it now or days before release will make a difference. Chill, calm down, relax lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginesis22
Man...people relax! I don't get why you need a demo two weeks out from the game releasing. Its not like playing it now or days before release will make a difference. Chill, calm down, relax lol
Because we are excited to try the new things. It's like telling a kid to wait till Christmas to open his gifts. It makes no difference if you get it now or 4 days from now but all the kid wants is to play with new toys. I love demos. I get to try the game and get use to how everything flows and works. Then when the game does come out I can just hope online and not have to worry about me not not knowing something and having to adjust on the fly.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginesis22

Not entirely true. A demo will determine a purchase or not for some.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 10-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5
It's simple for Live....they need consumers to believe that they have a good/solid B-ball experience. If they believe that they would have released a demo. If they don't believe in the game why should I. say what you want about the other game but at least B-Ball wise it plays well. the sad thing is that they could leverage their server quality to get people to buy their game with some solid gameplay. heck they could have a live demo of the finish product with their 2 best gamers to show how the game is intended to be played. Now they have contradicted themselves so much that I totally do not trust them. who advertises screenshots but no extended video....im so disappointed as NBA Live 95 was the reason I got into sports gaming.......rant ended

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »