Home

The Golf Club Patch Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Patch Available Now For Xbox One within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #17
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club Patch Available Now For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
Why can't HB studios just use the new dev kit for the Xbone that was released to bungie and blizzard? It solved the graphics issue with destiny and Diablo 3 through a patch. Why couldn't it work for the golf club?
They did say that they are now using the new dev kit, and that some of the performance gains seen in the patch are a result of its use. I don't think they've had enough seat time with it yet to really reap the kind of benefits that are potentially there.

At first I was pretty pleased with the patch, but after playing around with all three versions this morning, it's so far behind the PS4 and PC versions, running at 1080p and 30 fps, that it's pretty clear it's got a ways to go. Now that I'm more aware of this intermediate range and beyond blurring that seems to be evident, I'm even less impressed.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #18
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I think the visuals look even worse after this patch. Everything is just a blurry mess down the fairways. Yikes.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I think the visuals look even worse after this patch. Everything is just a blurry mess down the fairways. Yikes.
Yeah, I agree with you on this... the overall frame rate is better, but it's hard to swallow graphics that blurry only 30 to 40 yards away!? They haven't mentioned any XB1 or PS4 specifics for the forthcoming update, but I sincerely hope the XB1 version gets some serious attention here with it. I'm pretty sure HBS knows there's a problem with this because there have been numerous complaints about it in the official forum, and they haven't countered any of them with a defense such as, 'they haven't changed', or 'it's an artistic decision'.

Here's hoping because right now it doesn't look like a next-gen game to me on the XB1. I just wish they'd give us the option to disable 'Depth of Field' on the console versions like they do on the PC version. Not only do I like the looks of the graphics better with DOF disabled, the game sees about a 5 to 8% frame rate improvement with it disabled!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »