Home

NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I started a thread on this exact issue, and was told to "be a little more patient". I don't know how I could be after spending 80$ (taxes in Quebec, smh) and playing with unedited/uneditable rosters.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #10
Rookie

infernoisdead's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Isn't it pretty normal for EA to not have a roster update at this point previously in the series? I mean, typically one week into the season we didnt normally have a roster update by now that included the rooks. We at least may have had some other trades reflected, but... I dunno, the rookie players deal has always seemed to delay a season opening roster from what I recall.
I think you are correct. I recall rosters coming after game ten when the junior players have been decided on
Old 10-17-2014, 02:39 AM   #11
Rookie

Nhl series has been awful for updating rosters compared to other sports games. Every 2 weeks would be nice for roster updating. I'm not saying ratings changes every 2 weeks just general roster shuffles and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Support for this game has been declining since four years ago. Improper face scans, skin tones (see Devante Smith-Pelly or Ryan Reaves, Trevor Daley as well) the series seems to be last on the list of priorities at EA sports, its a shame seeing as how it was one of the best titles they had on PS3/360 in my opinion. Not knocking NBA Live, but there is no way it should be getting more love than NHL.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:38 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6
This is why this game shouldn't release until mid october, like it use to.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #14
Rookie

Tupac71's Arena

Does anyone know if a roster update would also update the goalie gear (there are way too many inaccuracies including wrong colors), or would it take a patch update to do that? Or better yet, allow us to edit the gear ourselves so at least then I dont have to delete my career.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
On the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, NHL 15 has already received several gameplay tuners and two title updates, including one that even patched in an offline Playoff mode.
Since tuners were mentioned, I'm still only seeing 1.00 and Latest when I try to pick a tuner. Twice, I was told that a new tuner was downloaded, but I still only have those two options.

Now, I fear that the same thing will happen with rosters. That I will be told that a new roster was downloaded, but that when I go to pick a default roster, the only one I'll see is the September 3 roster.

I've seen no word from EA about tuners other than that there was a tuner released on September 19 (this link) and what's in it. There's no note to say what version it is or how to tell if you have it or how to force a download (I only discovered "a" way by going into HUT mode and backing back out) or why I've (we've?) been told twice (more?) that a tuner has been updated (and then why the only version listed is 1.00). Will they be as "transparent" with roster updates, too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

The 2014-2015 NHL season is now a week old.

The NHL's only console videogame, Electronic Arts' NHL 15, currently features rosters that are six weeks old.

September 3 is the last time that NHL 15's rosters were updated, leaving many NHL teams with missing players, incorrect lines, wrong jersey numbers, unaccounted for injuries, and in the case of the St. Louis Blues, outdated uniforms.

Simply pick an NHL team, and you're bound to discover several significant inaccuracies in their NHL 15 lineup; for example:

Only centers John Tavares and Brock Nelson have put up more points for the 3-0 New York Islanders than defenseman Johnny Boychuk. But if you want to launch bombs from the point with Boychuk in NHL 15, you'll have to use his old team, the Boston Bruins, because their October 4 trade with the Islanders still isn't reflected.

The Nashville Predators' points leader, Filip Forsberg, remains stuck on the Predators' minor league affiliate (the Milwaukee Admirals), preventing him from being used in Online Versus Play.

Significant injuries to first-line players like Evander Kane, Pavel Datsyuk, and Mike Fisher don't show up in Online Versus Play, either.

On the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, NHL 15 has already received several gameplay tuners and two title updates, including one that even patched in an offline Playoff mode.

The popular Ultimate Team mode also continues to release special "Player of the Game" and "Team of the Week" cards on a regular basis, and offer one or two "Mega Pack" promotions per week.

Yet a basic roster update, which would entail trading a few players, signing some free agents, calling up the correct prospects, accounting for recent injuries, and setting the right lines, is still missing from NHL 15.

The official explanation from NHL 15 producer, Sean Ramjagsingh, is that a roster update "is being worked on," and that developers "had to wait for all the rookies to play a shift before we could put them in."

Even with those rookies' legal issues in mind, couldn't the hundreds of returning NHL veterans have been fixed for the league's opening week?

As of today, every NHL franchise has played between two to five games, leaving gamers wondering what the holdup is at this point.

Update: EA has officially responded with a tweet mentioning a roster update is coming soon.

I suspect it has something to do with the season starting only a week ago. MLB the Show didn't release their first roster update until April 7. The reason is because they can't use the name and likeness of a player until they are in the union. The game has a legal agreement with MLB and the union. If they used the name/image of a player who isn't in a union - see O'Bannon and what the lawsuit(s) have done to NCAA games.

I just bought the NHL game and I don't know it for sure but I suspect this is the case with NHL. They wait until the season starts and then it takes them a week or so to get an image, player attributes etc for the new players they have to add.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »