Home

The Golf Club Feature Update Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Feature Update Available Now, Details Included within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club Feature Update Available Now, Details Included

I've got and played both the XB1 and PS4 update versions. They both are like playing new games! HBS is listening to us. Guess what else is in this update? An option to turn off Depth of Field! It works fabulously in not only the looks - IMO - but also in frame rate! The new golfer camera is just killing it.... I swear - this is a new game. I'm going to be bleary eyed before I can quit playing this game tonight, across three different platforms

The frame rate improvement is noticeable on both platforms, but it actually revives the XB1 version to playable status again. And the DOF off option gets rid of the false blurriness the XB1 patch introduced... it looks better than the original version now, by a significant margin. Yes, it's still 720p, but it's much easier on the eyes now... more importantly, it's not like playing underwater now.

This might be the best update I've seen since PGA Championship Golf 99's patch that introduced a real time, full screen "snap to lie" camera angle. I feel like I'm playing a new game to be totally honest!

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 10-21-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

PS4

I've downloaded and installed but when I go to play, there are no courses in course select screen. Just blank icons. None listed under most popular, highest rated, my favorites, etc.

Some appear if I go offline. Rebooted machine and no dice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Tony
Old 10-20-2014, 11:15 PM   #11
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTTS
PS4

I've downloaded and installed but when I go to play, there are no courses in course select screen. Just blank icons. None listed under most popular, highest rated, my favorites, etc.

Some appear if I go offline. Rebooted machine and no dice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Tony
I'm having the same problem no courses anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Don't panic guys. the servers took a while to get caught up after both the PS4 and XB1 patches the first time... this will work itself out over the next few hours! I've found tonight that the XB1 version is actually getting caught up in the course and tournament repopulation area much faster than the PS4. Check out the new Boreal theme course... Flathead County Golf Club. I'm surprised at how much I'm liking it.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 10-20-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 4

This is like a whole new game to me. The graphics on the x1 look awesome now... Such an improvement. The camera Angles are amazing. I'm loving having ball trail off and snapping to my ball landing. Also one thing I didn't notice in the update notes is the wind changes direction and strength whilst you are playing.... WOW HB studios.... If this is the way we are heading then this is going to be my game of the year. Now If they can get it running at 900p.....
Old 10-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

On PS4 how does one get that new snazzy "snap to" ball landing camera? I'm still seeing the same follow ball angle. Played Flathead which was quite nice.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #15
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

The new camera options are not realistically playable IMO. I just don't ever see myself getting used to aiming at the sun or earth's core when lining up my shot aim.

The new theme is nice, more options for course creators the better. I wish they had included some cart paths and fences in the GNCD.

I'll have to try the xb1 version with DOF turned off, but early impression after 1 round is the graphics/framerate on xb1 are improved, of course this is the first I've played since the prior patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #16
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Played a few holes this morning on XB1. I love the new camera options and new theme. The game just keeps getting better and better.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »