Home

NHL 15's Online Team Play is a Rushed, Incomplete Mess

This is a discussion on NHL 15's Online Team Play is a Rushed, Incomplete Mess within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
No offense to the author of this article, but 90% of what you're complaining about has happened since the inception of OTP. Most of this is nothing new. It's not about EA, it's basically about poor play of random teammates.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus
No offense to the author of this article, but 90% of what you're complaining about has happened since the inception of OTP. Most of this is nothing new. It's not about EA, it's basically about poor play of random teammates.
exactly.... but if you cant play with your friends to eliminate this.... that's the point
Old 10-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #11
Rookie

Ya playing OTP with randoms have always been rough. However when it's not even your guy on the ice where stats don't really count for anything guys grieve even more. I was excited to play with my friends, not a random gong show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
I agree, which is why I have never been able to get into OTP. I would love it if i could play unselfishly and be part of a team online. I just never got into it. I'm bad at making friends too

I think EA can program safeguards to minimize the user behavioral issues (ban idle players progressively, game misconduct after 3rd penalty, limit fighting, eliminating pausing, allow flagging/duncing of players by the other players and only allow dunces to play dunces). It all requires clever programming but it's the future of this game.

The perspective I've taken about this title is that EA Sports really under staffed the conversion to next gen. I suspect this was caused by EA's lack of direct NHL competitor. Outside of solid 1v1 gameplay and pretty visuals, I wonder if game modes/rosters/league structure/etc could better programmed by the open-sourced community.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #13
Just started!

Quote:
i agree 100% with what you said, you cant help trolls, no matter how hard you try, your always going to run into them from playing loud music, in the lobbies, or talking like hillbillies to annoy you,

going offsides or doing the tea bagging animations while they go offsides, that's issues we cant help unless we can invite our own friends to play the game,

however even if you play with your friends, that doesn't mean the other team is going to play fair,

only way it was competitive is when you played with your created players and played for the trophies,

i do agree the patch was rushed and it sucks do to the fact, you can only play with real teams,

i rather play the OTP where you have a created player and you can play with human goalies,

you would expect, after we shelled out money for the next gen console, that ea would put us next geners, priority, however thats not happening,
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #14
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 15's Online Team Play is a Rushed, Incomplete Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
exactly.... but if you cant play with your friends to eliminate this.... that's the point
I had no issue last night getting me and two of my friends into a lobby last night. We played about 3 games and every single time we got into the same lobby.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

Misleading Headline. The Mode works just fine. I have played three games so far, no lag, no other issues with servers. Sure you might have played with some bad players, but this mode works just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 02:55 AM   #16
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Re: NHL 15's Online Team Play is a Rushed, Incomplete Mess

This game is just one train wreck after another. Even the "new" Draft mode isn't all that new. It's the same old mode with a timer and no GM phones (thank god). But everything else is exactly the same. I would never want to see anyone lose their job, especially in this economy but maybe its time for some new leadership at EA Canada.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »