Home

Press Row Podcast - NBA 2K15 Afterthoughts and NBA Live 15 Initial Impressions

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - NBA 2K15 Afterthoughts and NBA Live 15 Initial Impressions within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Press Row Podcast - NBA 2K15 Afterthoughts and NBA Live 15 Initial Impressions

The 106th episode of the Press Row Podcast features a full panel of Press Row regulars diving deep into the two big fall NBA releases. Up first is an extended discussion of NBA 2K15 now that we’ve all had a few weeks to play – or choose not to play – NBA 2K15 in a full retail environment. Next is a chat about expectations for NBA Live 15, including how the game is being held up by EA as well as what the panel thinks its approach should be. Lastly, Rich spends a few minutes with PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey one-on-one to get his thoughts after spending six hours hands-on with NBA Live 15 via EA Access. It’s a hoops extravaganza. Enjoy!

Joining us this week:Be sure to help out our man T.J. Lauerman’s children’s hospital efforts at Extra Life right here!

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 49 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
First off I do have the 6 hour trial of nba live. I must say I wish ppl would stop saying the players don't move and you have to press a button to get to motion, that's the default settings because they implemented that ncaa future with LB/L1 button. You can go to the settings and turn on auto motion which make your teammates move automatically based on where your moving with the ball. So I recommend ppl do this first before playing 5 on 5. The shot timing is quicker then 2k but if you watch your players hand get to the top of their hehead should get a decent release. I have got a great release with a player in my face but of course I was using a good shooter like Ray Allen. I think having a good shooter, timing, defense pressure and shooting in traffic stats plays a role in making shots with a player on you, mmatter fact Ea talked about this in an interview or blog.

The game does a great job with punishing you for not playing good defense, so if you leave the cpu open they going to take the shot, I haven't seen yet a player open at the three take that shot that isn't known to take that particular shot. I feel so far players are taken shots they would do in a real game.

Animations are better but needs more improvements which they already planned to do through out the season. They stated so many times this year rising star and Dynasty mode didn't really get touched other then things you can't really see, they only focused on gameplay and visuals this year, modes is going to be worked on next year and on 17. Team up is coming online next year as well!

I didn't touch online cause I know it's not a lot of ppl playing the game or playing online.

This game is fun and if you compared to 2k or an huge 2k fan you might not love it but I feel anybody should be able to have fun with it. They are some areas in this game that are just better then 2k and others are worst then 2k.

I'm enjoying it, I have 14. Sean obrian said from day one it's a process, they taken their time building a game for the long haul not just for one year get the bus to see or wait until theyy get to the point where your saying dang this game how what I want

So far I seen more ppl liking the game overall this year compared to not liking it at all.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Sorry for my comment being so long, also I'm on my cell so that's why you some errors with the wording lol smart phones smh
Old 10-25-2014, 05:53 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
i love the press row podcasts, but i really getting sick of the guests not playing or barely playing the games that are being discussed. either play to game or dont even bother to show up. Owen & Rich seems to be the only people that actually play these games
Old 10-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvese
i love the press row podcasts, but i really getting sick of the guests not playing or barely playing the games that are being discussed. either play to game or dont even bother to show up. Owen & Rich seems to be the only people that actually play these games
this is exactly what i was saying to myself when i was listening to this podcast. Which is why i left that long comment ^^^, i was like you better off having me on their talking about these games lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
Sorry for my comment being so long, also I'm on my cell so that's why you some errors with the wording lol smart phones smh
Your comment was well documented and so truthful. Best I've heard since the trial has been released.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
Your comment was well documented and so truthful. Best I've heard since the trial has been released.
Lol thank you, I appreciate that.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvese
I 100% agree. This was generally a great podcast, besides this part.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »