Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #41
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

We're not allowed to compare correct? So I will just say this, this game has the best courts of ANY b'ball game I've ever seen. The lighting, the color, everything! Love the looks overall.

Now to the game...
1 hour of playing time. For me, I approve it and would recommend you at least try it if you're considering another b'ball game and just want to try something new. Straight out, here's the truth, it's not garbage and it's not a bad game and I think it might even be worth the price I paid from what I played so far, for the enjoyment level at least.

The pace of the game is quite slow (I think you can adjust that) But I like the flow. It feels and plays like real basketball. Anyone who played Live 10 should be right at home with it, controls are basically identical with a few enhancements obviously. Graphics are great. Live 15's player models are very nice. You can definitely recognize most of them and the body sizes seem quite accruate to me. No more complaing about being too skinny! Clipping and body collision is actually really good. I saw some pretty epic multiple collisions in the paint and they didn't look crappy and actually looked realistic! I see a few floppy animations here and there, but again, light years better than 14. Shooting at the right release point is tricky but the system tells you exactly what you're doing wrong, being late, early etc and you'll catch on to your favorite team's release points for all your players. I saw a lot of signature dunks and moves already and the pick and roll system is a blast like it was on NBA Live back in the day. Players need to move a little better and that herky jerky, it's occasionally there and sometimes they do look like they're picking their noses just standing around, but it's not as prevalent and calling plays takes care of that.

Nitpicks? Eh, commentary is great at times, bad in other times, and sometimes just too darn quiet. I like the team they got, but they're just a bit iffy as a whole. Definitely needs some work. Playing defense is kind of a chore and staying in front of your man is no easy task, and protecting the paint obviously is a problem in this game, but it's nothing horribly bad, just quirky at times.

Worth 60 bucks? I can't say for sure yet, but I know that I will be playing it for quite some time. I'm glad I Got it. No regrets . 8 out of 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man, I'm struggling with the controls and movement trying to make the transfer over from the other game. I can't beat nobody off the dribble correctly or in the post. I thought I was gonna be able to come in and beast right out the gate too, lol. I'm not broadcasting on twitch til I get better at this game damn it.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #43
Pro

seem more than the players named were scanned. This isn't the day on patch though that is seperate and installed from the store. It seems they have tech to update things like this like its a roster update
Old 10-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #44
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

You can'tmake ddecisions off streams anymore.

I was very upset at some things I saw during live streams but some issues have been put to bed!!!

Why nobody tell me live was this good?!?!

Game is a lot harder than last year lol

You can play DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Old 10-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #45
Banned

Im still playing it via EA Access, rebound animations need work, they all look the same and they jump/get off the ground too quick. Almost every offensive rebound by a big man is a put back dunk, it does look cool but guys like Tiago Splitter shouldn't be doing this. Something about the guard standing animations don't look right, looks like they are sticking their booty out . Too much standing around on offense even with auto motion on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #46
Banned

So is it crazy if I trade the other game for this one.....that's all I wanna know.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2
NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
Man, I'm struggling with the controls and movement trying to make the transfer over from the other game. I can't beat nobody off the dribble correctly or in the post. I thought I was gonna be able to come in and beast right out the gate too, lol. I'm not broadcasting on twitch til I get better at this game damn it.

Told you bro. Lol. Takes some getting use to.

Last edited by vabeachboy19; 10-28-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #48
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2

I went to EB Games to trade in 2K14(PS4) and Hitman Absolution (X360). I only got $2 dollars trade in credit from both games, GTFO EB Games with this trade in value bull****. 2K14 should at least be $10. Anyways so I didn't do the trade, I'll just play the demo then most likely get the game on Friday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »