Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #89
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

I'm taking the other game back! Live is BACK!!! Love the feel of the game. It just has a fresh feeling about it. One question tho, why is my game skipping the halftime show?
Old 10-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It's subjective, but if you look on Twitter and most social media, most people are saying how good it looks. To each their own though.
I need to play more, I know that, if it can look that good in the tutorial, I know it can't be all bad right? I'll try different camera angles.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #91
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
I'm taking the other game back! Live is BACK!!! Love the feel of the game. It just has a fresh feeling about it. One question tho, why is my game skipping the halftime show?
It's a bug that was created by the update. They're looking into a fix right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #92
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860
i mean some players look realistic but some dont and they made westbrook look like an alien...it looks so unrealistic when the players shoot also..you cant even time there release..you have to tap the button..its a cheese fest kinda game...they have alot of work to do on the gameplay..i feel like im play a ps2 game
This comment sounds TOO opinionated to me. In 2k bosh isn't accurate, wade isn't, Chalmers looks like a ghost, Lives kyrie looks better, Melo looks dead, Howard isn't accurate. Not saying that my thoughts are indeed facts just saying neither have all the players pin point accurate and both have players that look better than the other.

The shot forms for many players seem done to me it's just you have to release too quickly.

The defense is sliding all over the place in 2k, all the players in general are everywhere in 2k. Both are not without faults that's why I would say it comes down to preference.

Sig styles, post game, & individual player movement are on 2k's side.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #93
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Finally found out why a lot of dudes are making 3's on video's I've seen lol

Play on superstar and you won'tbe making 3's so eeasily lol
Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #94
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

My goodness, can you imagine a CBB game based on the Live engine. I would have to go to gaming rehab.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
This comment sounds TOO opinionated to me. In 2k bosh isn't accurate, wade isn't, Chalmers looks like a ghost, Lives kyrie looks better, Melo looks dead, Howard isn't accurate. Not saying that my thoughts are indeed facts just saying neither have all the players pin point accurate and both have players that look better than the other.

The shot forms for many players seem done to me it's just you have to release too quickly.

The defense is sliding all over the place in 2k, all the players in general are everywhere in 2k. Both are not without faults that's why I would say it comes down to preference.

Sig styles, post game, & individual player movement are on 2k's side.
It all comes down to preference true, but I believe I'm about an open person as it gets, and the other game has more on Live than what you mentioned IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, so much for waiting on the demo. I picked this up on my way home from work - I couldn't help myself.

I have only played a half so far (12 minute quarters), but I at least wanted to hop on with some quick impressions since I know many of you guys haven't had a chance to play it.

To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I enjoyed Live last year for quite some time. 2K gave me all sorts of reasons to keep playing Live. But for as good as it played at times, all of the little issues finally got to me and I gave up.

This year, I'm loving 2K. But, it's always good to have options. From the limited time that I've had with Live so far, I can already tell it's going to spend its fair share of time in my PS4. To say it's a giant improvement over last year would be an understatement. In my opinion, there are several things Live does better than 2K - and vice versa. As a gamer, that's a beautiful thing!

Okay, now to some random impressions:

- Flat out, the game looks good. It's undoubtedly next-gen. I wouldn't say that overall it's on 2K's playing field yet, but it's getting there. I'm really impressed.

- The arenas are BEAUTIFUL. Not only do they look great graphically, but the arena specific sounds are fantastic. Combine that with a lively crowd, and it's easy to become immersed in the game.

- The ESPN presentation just does it for me. The same goes for Mike Breen. I'm sure the commentary will get repetitive after a while, but hearing "Bang!" and "he puts it in!" will probably never get old to me.

- The CPU actually makes subs this year without the human having to be on Auto Sub!

- The spin move in the paint by the CPU is no longer an automatic basket.

- One thing I really love about Live is that it's actually hard (in a good way) to back defenders down in the post. In 2K, it's way too easy even against Dwight. Post moves seem very generic, however.

- Jumpshots are tough to time. The releases are a lot quicker than what I'm used to. Also, there seem to be some guys (Mirotic for example) that just have generic jumpers.

- Off ball movement seems pretty good, but again, I've only played a half. But, Automotion seems legit. I was playing against the Knicks, and it was good to see Melo in the post AND also around the choke area. He wasn't just camping on the same spot of the court each time down.

I need to get in more time with the game, but I am liking what I see so far. I'm going to enjoy having 2 good NBA games this year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »