Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #185
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah that's the same one in getting.

I figured it was due to the PSN stuff when I got it yesterday...but I'm still getting it this morning...
Same one I'm getting, I'm hoping that fixes and that the digital version doesn't keep asking me to buy the game. It's getting annoying.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #186
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Just played one game of the demo this morning and it was a lot of fun. It does feel like a next gen version of Live 10. The graphics look great although the jersey flapping a bit overdone. Shot release timing is early but not hard to adjust to although I struggled with Kyrie on free throws. Loved the EA Broadcast camera. Not quite sure how to play defence and boxing out is tough. Quite a few fouls called on default.

Overall it was a very fun first demo. Still can't believe how much better it was over 14. Don't know why they didn't hype the game more and release earlier footage. I'm a casual fan so take these comments from my perspective.

Have to post my video of cpu Westbrook dunking on me. It was awesome. I won by 2 on Pro (don't hate!) after being down by 9. Lots of fun.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #187
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Thoughts from the demo:
+Graphics are fantastic, especially the colors - clearer and brighter presentation than the competition, love the bump mapping on the uniforms - has a textured cloth look, nice.
+Fun to play - seeing LeBron and KD, they play like they do in real life - interesting to watch them in the flow of the game
+Pick and roll, play calling and other aspects of the game - easy to grasp, yet difficult to master
+atmosphere is great, loved when the Thunder had a white out game, yet about 20 Cleveland fans were wearing red and yellow in the crowd
+Swishing of the net is amazing, never gets old - animation and sound wise

-Massive clipping throughout, absolutely horrendous
-Nowhere near as intricate and in-depth as its counterpart (injuries, roster edits, play calling, modes, commentary etc.) it's extremely limited
-Animations are somewhat stilted at times
-Only one player comes out for player introductions - honestly, looks lame
-Point guard dominated to a degree
-Did I mention clipping, hahaha
-AI logic - lack of, at times
-Too easy to steal from the AI
-Overall post play (more in-depth than what it appears once you try the advanced moves, though way too many hook shots and odd animations in the post game)
-Blocks are fun, though they are a little over the top, though not by much
-Often hard to stop the AI on drives to the paint, can be done - though defensively it seems not as complex and diverse at its counterpart

All that said, I enjoy playing it, probably more so than its competition, it's a lot of fun, though it's so bare bone feature wise it's hard to logically select it knowing that it's so limiting. The inability to alter and edit players and lineups is the biggest issue I have with the game at the moment.
Just wanted to mention those two points. The ease of stealing from the CPU seems to have been toned down after the patch.

Regarding defending the drive, you really have to use angles when trying to defend faster players. Da_Czar made a defensive tips video about this in 2k a couple years ago, but the same principles apply here.

I was able to hold Westbrook to 17 points this way, and he only really got past me a few times.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #188
Pro

Played a few games of the demo....the first five mins I was completely underwhelmed, but then it starts to grow on you. Saw some really nice LBJ and K Love pick and pop plays from the CPU. Spacing is great. Arena sounds are brilliant.

Defense is lacking though and there is no CPU mid range game. Synergy needs to save that aspect of it or this game will get old FAST.

Too early to tell whether I will buy it. If it had sliders I definiely would.

Hoping adjusting my defensive segttings will see the CPU take some mid range shots. If I take away the drive and 3 ball, surely that will open up the mid range game?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #189
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Played the demo, cavs vs thunder before work, and I won't lie, there are some things I really like about this game.

Pros:

*The graphics do look pretty good, specifically the arenas

* I went in worrying that the animations would completely kill the game play for me, but they're surprisingly smooth and executed well.

* The pace and flow is definitely something I can dig, fast breaks seem to happen at appropriate times, and teams aren't always looking to push into the paint.

* When an AI player grabs an offensive board, they kick it back out and reset the play instead of going back up every single time.

* When the paint physics work, they look pretty awesome.

* Guys who should be shooting, are shooting. Durant and Westbrook dominated the ball, and Kendrick Perkins took 0 shots. I like that.

* The commentary is top notch, but that just could be because I wanna hear something different.

* I like the smoothness and feel of the players. No noticeable sliding and you can really feel the weight and momentum at times.

Cons:

* Contact in the paint isn't as frequent as it needs to be.

* 3 pointers go in at an alarming rate for both the user and cpu.

* Not enough fouls called

* Not enough contact in the paint, which in turn causes not enough fouls to be called.

* On offense, players don't move around enough, it feels like I had to play hero ball every possession.

If EA could clean up some of the flaws I have listed, I would purchase this game and I know I would have fun with it.

Let me ask you guys with the full retail game a few questions. Are the 3 point shooting % sky high? Is there more contact and more fouls? Also, is there a way to set up auto plays to get some movement out of my teammates?

If the answer to these questions are yes, I can see myself picking up this game today.
You can turn on auto-motion to get players moving on offense, but if you want to run a set play, you have to call it yourself. Three pointers do still seem a little high, but I imagine they'll tone it down soon with a tuning update.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #190
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
* When an AI player grabs an offensive board, they kick it back out and reset the play instead of going back up every single time.

Great post...I agree with almost everything you said.

I just wanted to highlight the kick outs because they are CRUCIAL to getting the flow of a real basketball game / second chance possessions.

2K has "auto put backs" this year as we all know...absolutely kills the flow and messes up all the stats. LIVE has got the balance right and it adds so much to the flow of the game.

This is very ironic as 2K14 had it right........whilst LIVE 14 had auto put backs. Very strange. Glad LIVE got it right at last. No idea how the other game messed it up so badly.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #191
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I switched replays to Auto, but yet I see no replays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #192
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
You can turn on auto-motion to get players moving on offense, but if you want to run a set play, you have to call it yourself. Three pointers do still seem a little high, but I imagine they'll tone it down soon with a tuning update.
Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering why there was no play art when I switched auto motion on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »