Home

NHL Community Committee

This is a discussion on NHL Community Committee within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
EA Sports NHL

OVR: 0
NHL Community Committee

(This post has been promoted to the homepage for more to see. EA Sports is looking for EASHL experts. Read the post below and submit your application.)

COMMUNITY VOTING IS NOW OPEN!

Please go to this link to vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZZDT99L

- Please vote only ONCE. It's easy to tell if people are spamming votes, we will delete duplicates.
- Keep in mind, candidates were chosen to have a good mix of players on the committee. Apologies if you were not chosen!
- We will clean up thread so only the candidates in the poll remain visible, that way you can make informed decisions about who you want to represent the community.

Thanks to everyone that participated!

- EA NHL Team

--------------

Hey Everyone,

As some of you may know, we promised to put together a community driven committee to help with the development of future iterations of the EA NHL franchise. Our goal is to bring the most passionate and knowledgeable community members into the studio to directly influence and shape the development of core game modes, as well as other aspects of the game. This first event will take place in early December.

This NHL Community Committee will eventually work to bring fan feedback directly to many aspects of the game, but the first objective is to help with the development of EA SPORTS Hockey League.

If you are interested in being part of this NHL Community Committee, please post in this thread and answer the following questions and let us know why you should be chosen:

1. How long have you been playing EASHL? What is your favorite part about the mode?
2. As part of the NHL Community Committee, what part of the mode would you like to directly influence?
3. What makes you the ideal candidate for this committee?

After we have received enough applications, we will put the top candidates into a poll and the community will vote in the top 2 fans from OS onto the committee.

The entire committee will be made up of fans from different EA NHL communities, including the official EA Forums and Operation Sports.

Note: To participate in the committee you must reside in North America and be able to travel to Canada.

Thanks,
EA NHL Team.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by EASPORTSNHL; 11-21-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: updated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL Community Committee

bigwill33 and a revamped guy/DrJones

Last edited by AdamJones113; 11-04-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL Community Committee

1. I have been playing EASHL since its inception into the series. My favorite part of the mode is being able to nearly take out the computer element of the game play entirely and getting to experience teamwork with real humans. It is a treat to be able to portray different roles and see how the interactions play out as a team when you try and get five or six distinct moving parts and positions that are attempting to work cohesively in an effort to win a game against a team that has the same objective.

2. I would be open to discuss this option as to figure out what might best suit me for a role such as this, but overall I would think that the actual on-ice game play would probably be up my proverbial alley. For those members of OS that are familiar with my analysis of the issues that have plagued the mode in the past I would hope that I could be a part of the improvement and fixes surrounding many of these supposed issues.http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rehensive+list

3. What would make me the "ideal" candidate for this position is my background and expertise with the sport of hockey and my workings with OS and the community over the years, specifically with EA and the NHL series as a community leader and reporter in the past. My working knowledge of the game and sport, along with my thousands of hours playing EASHL for top ranked clubs over the years has shown me the best and worst parts of this game mode. Getting to relay my findings in an effort to help improve the NHL title in any way has been a long standing goal of mine, and that of the members of my club, the members of the forums at OS, and EASHL players everywhere.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
1. I have been playing EASHL since NHL 09. My favourite part of the game mode has to be the fact that you can play WITH friends, rather than against friends. Not only that, but you can play against people's teams all around the world. It's just that EASHL brings people together in different ways and the experience is always enjoyable, whether it's a win or a loss. Because of this sense of community, I've made many memories on EASHL over the last 6 years with my friends and I know more will be made in the future.

2. As part of the NHL Community Committee, I feel like I would be most helpful in terms of the presentation of EASHL. Like many people here, I've watched hockey all my life, but I've also taken film classes in university which have enhanced my knowledge about things such as camera angles, sounds, visuals, and various other things which I believe can be applied to EASHL. I also have ideas in terms of cutscenes between players and even the coaches, perhaps even cinematic shots from a pre-game warm-up, and much more that would liven the experience for the consumers.

3. What makes me the ideal candidate? For starters, while I may not have posted on Operation Sports for a long time, I was a part of IGN's NHL Board for almost seven years, constantly contributing ideas for future games. I'm also not afraid to speak my mind regardless of the topic, so I will always be honest whether I'm talking about the good AND bad times I've had/will have playing EASHL or even if we're talking about future ideas. Our community deserves the best NHL game possible and I know EA is capable of doing so. I've also played thousands of games when it comes to EASHL, which means I've been through those greats games and I've had those terrible games that involve exploited goals, among other things. Regardless, I've kept coming back to EASHL and I always will, except this time I am hoping to be a part of the committee that helps bring things to future instalments of the NHL series that encourage other people to keep coming back.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Rookie

As an indie game developer, I'd love to be able to share my (MANY) thoughts to improve EASHL from both a developer and dedicated NHL EASHL player perspective, but unfortunately I am unable to travel to Vancouver due to job and parenting commitments.

However if this requirement is ever lifted, I'd LOVE to be considered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
Rookie

1. How long have you been playing EASHL? What is your favorite part about the mode?
I have been playing EASHL ever since I first discovered the mode in NHL 12. My favorite part about the game mode is the ability of having 12 players around the world connecting to one another to play a 6 vs 6 competitive game. In my opinion, 6 vs 6 in EASHL is as close as it gets to simulating a real life experience to the great game of hockey.
2. As part of the NHL Community Committee, what part of the mode would you like to directly influence?
As part of the NHL Community Committee, I would like to have a direct influence on the competitive aspect of the game and be able to market the game mode to new potential players, whether they are casual or competitively driven gamers.
I am an ideal candidate for this committee because I have a true passion for this game mode. I have been considered as one of the best players in the game. Furthermore, I have tried my best to share my skills and knowledge of the game through my YouTube channel dedicated to EASHL, with over 2,500 subscribers. Providing people with knowledge and entertainment through YouTube videos is truly amazing. My YouTube outreach as well as my connections with other top players around the world has provided me with a list of (realistic) ideas created by myself and other people which I believe would be worth your while and beneficial to your company, the EA NHL franchise as a whole, as well as overall customer satisfaction with the game mode. It would truly be an honor to represent the thousands of players of this game mode. I'm willing to learn and try new things in order to help EASHL be the best game mode it can possibly be.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
Rookie

I have been playing EASHL ever since I first discovered the mode in NHL 12. My favorite part about the game mode is the ability of having 12 players around the world connecting to one another to play a 6 vs 6 competitive game. In my opinion, 6 vs 6 in EASHL is as close as it gets to simulating a real life experience to the great game of hockey.
As part of the NHL Community Committee, I would like to have a direct influence on the competitive aspect of the game and be able to market the game mode to new potential players, whether they are casual or competitively driven gamers.
I am an ideal candidate for this committee because I have a true passion for this game mode. I have been considered as one of the best players in the game. Furthermore, I have tried my best to share my skills and knowledge of the game through my YouTube channel dedicated to EASHL, with over 2,500 subscribers. Providing people with knowledge and entertainment through YouTube videos is truly amazing. My YouTube outreach as well as my connections with other top players around the world has provided me with a list of (realistic) ideas created by myself and other people which I believe would be worth your while and beneficial to your company, the EA NHL franchise as a whole, as well as overall customer satisfaction with the game mode. It would truly be an honor to represent the thousands of players of this game mode. I'm willing to learn and try new things in order to help EASHL be the best game mode it can possibly be.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #8
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
As a co-creator of the Revamped Rosters, my number one game mode is Be A GM. I would absolutely love to be a member of the Community Committee. However, for this first EASHL meeting, I feel that other members of our OS community would have more constructive input than I would. Diehard EASHL fans should be the ones considered here.

If there is a future meeting regarding rosters or BaGM, I will want a spot at the meeting very badly. I could provide a wealth of impactful and game-changing ideas and guidance for both of these topics. I hope the OS community will back me if these meetings occur as I am confident that I could make an enormous impact on these two areas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »