Home

NHL Community Committee

This is a discussion on NHL Community Committee within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #17
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL Community Committee

How long have you been playing EASHL? What is your favorite part about the mode?

To be honest out of all the countless hours Ive put into the NHL series dating back to my first copy of the game in 1993 I haven't spent a awful lot of time playingin the EASHL. I love the fact that its a team based game and that you dont control all aspects of whats happening on the ice but the mode for me has never had the same level of depth you get in modes like Be-a-GM.

As part of the NHL Community Committee, what part of the mode would you like to directly influence?

I would happy helping in what ever area I'm needed whether it be bouncing around ideas with everyone or simply reaching out to the community and listening to what they have to say... oh ya and me and a few buds might be kind of alright at working on rosters

What makes you the ideal candidate for this committee?

Thats pretty easy I love this series it has taken 90% of ALL of my gaming since I started playing the only thing I love more is hockey itself, I have a lot of great ideas and a extremely high work ethic and even if Im not chosen for the commitee I will still do what ever it is possible to make this game as realistic and as fun as possible, I'm also a huge believer in listening and working with the community the OS boards have some true hockey fans and they have helped us a lot with the revamp project.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:27 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
1. How long have you been playing EASHL? What is your favorite part about the mode?
I been playing EASHL since its introduction in nhl 09. My favorite part of EASHL is that team first mentality and the development of your skater and team. There is not another sports game out there where you and your friends can all get on the same team, work in tandem with your individual skater and have that jump off the couch feeling of excitement after a well executed play.

2. As part of the NHL Community Committee, what part of the mode would you like to directly influence?
Well there are a few areas in which I have a few suggestions or ideas that I would like to share, however a couple things I would especially like to talk about is gameplay in relation to user interaction and A.I. Nothing is worse than a guy in a drop in game deciding to put down the controller mid way through the first and leave or deciding to stand offside every-time he doesn't get the puck. With relation to A.I. its more so how can we make them a little more dynamic with the human players and have a better sense of adapting to a teams tendencies. One example of one of my suggestions is to have a stat/percentage tracker for every skaters from what area of the ice do they shoot from to what area of the net do they aim for. This could be expanded to pass vs shoot ratio as well as a teams tempo and so forth. These stats/percentages would be inputted into the game before the game starts to adjust A.i. tendencies. ex, If a team likes to break from there zone early the defense would back off quicker offensively. If teams shoot from the slot only, the A.I. would really plug that up. If glove side is getting shot at 80 percent of the time the goalie can anticipate that. The A.I. will adjust accordingly even before the puck hits the ice as all this data would be from past games played. A more dynamic A.I., fueled by actual player data would make the game feel more organic and alive and hopefully would limit scripted A.I. routine.

3. What makes you the ideal candidate for this committee?
I have been playing the NHL series since NHL 98 and have seen the series develop and evolve over the years as well as video game industry. In saying that I have seen the the EASHL grow into maybe not the most played game mode, but the most engaging and team oriented mode in sports gaming with a very passionate and dedicated fan base. I have a love for video games in general and would love for nothing more than to help make EASHL a more fun and engaging way to play with your friends, as well with people around the world. I hope I hear from you and thank you.

Xbox One Gamertag: snc237
Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good luck to anyone and please don't forget about the poor human goalie if you get voted ok ?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #20
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

1. How long have you been playing EASHL? What is your favorite part about the mode?

I've been playing EASHL since the mode debuted and have been doing so with the same 5 other guys since that time. The reason we purchased NHL on the Xbox 360 was because of EASHL and its exclusion was the reason we did not purchasing it for PS4. I favorite part of the mode was playing with friends. We would play for hours on end and either celebrate or rage together. It was a great way to hang out with my two friends from Canada and another who resides in New York.

2. As part of the NHL Community Committee, what part of the mode would you like to directly influence?

I think I could really help in the gameplay aspect of the mode. After playing it for so many years, I have a good feel of how the game should feel. I think it would also be great to have community input in terms of easy/cheese goals that are running rampant through the mode and what could be done better to make the AI play more realistically to a human player.

I've been part of the NHL gaming community since 2001 where I was a moderator at Cyber-NHL and later a prominent member at sites like Thunderpuck and Double Minor Downloads. I have a lot of experience playing these games, modding these games on PC and have been purchasing these games since NHLPA 93 on Sega.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Here's my view of NHL HOCKEY at this moment, while NHL 15 is the best looking game and thanks to the dedication of EA and the patches it's a very very good game I have to admit these games are my top 5:

5. NHL 08 (any platform) - Great game play and A.I.
4. NHL 15 - Major recovery and gorgeous graphics.
3. NHL 94 (classic)
2. NHL 2k10 - EA look again at the presentation here, you just caught up to this...
1. NHL 02 (PS2) - Don't know why just really like this one better then most... Simple classic

I have been a gamer since Atari (not the 2600). I have played the sport for 20 plus years and at 40 took up goalie, so yes I know the sport well. I would love to have a direct voice in the next and current NHL Gaming experience. I can offer a wealth of knowledge and due to my long gaming experiences and age (42 isn't old its seasoned) I believe I can help gaming companies avoid the issues that plagued so many games.

I also own every NHL game since NES, so yes I am an expert of the subject. Bring me to Canada I am ready to serve the masses in making NHL the best sports game in VIDEO GAMING !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #22
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't play EASHL - I focus on franchise versus the CPU opponent with everything aimed towrads realistic feel and stats.

I would focus on franchise, gameplay, realism and sliders. I make sliders every year for NHL, MLB The Show and usually for Madden. I am a slider guy.....I can help you guys make this game play a better brand of hockey...end of story.

I have played the NHL series since before I had hair on my nuts (early 90's). I also have played hockey my entire life while also coaching for years. I understand the game aned the little things like dump ins, chip outs, board play, cycling, D to D passes, etc. I would be on a mission to take the realism to the next level
Old 11-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #23
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

I have been playing the NHL series since the original came out on the Sega I strictly only play offline however and try to immulate the season. Which unfortunately is not available this year but will be picking up a used copy soon for the ps4 for the playoffs. But I really think I could help move this series forward on the offline portion of it. I could be the Daczar of hockey��
Old 11-06-2014, 12:42 AM   #24
Rookie

I have been playing EASHL since I first found it in NHL 12. My favorite about it is having fun, playing very competitive games an winning. I love how you and your buddies can create a team with all custom players and work together to move up on the leaderboards. And when you win you're having fun.
As part of the NHL Community Committee, I would like to influence the competitive side of the game mode. COD E-Sports is huge and I know there is an audience out there for some competitive 6v6 hockey. Also I would like to just generally help make the game more fun for the casual user.
I am an ideal candidate because I have been playing the game for awhile and feel I'm pretty good and know a lot of little things about the game. I also do upload NHL on YouTube. EASHL has always been less popular than HUT but I try to put out videos to those who like EASHL. I have uploaded player builds, tutorials, game-plays and other little things to try to spread EASHL to more people. I have about 4k subscribers on my channel based off of NHL. Doing NHL YouTube has put me in contact with a lot of different intelligent people and I have heard and thought of many different little ideas to help improve this great game mode we call EASHL.
Thanks again
Kyle or Utp
Channel: www.youtube.com/utp102

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »