Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #17
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
"Online Play - Because this just has to work next year doesn’t it? This year was closer than ever, but it still wasn’t a great experience by any means."

Sounds like Chris Sanner is a Cubs fan, too. We say something very similar every season.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2
Online play was a disaster in 14. 13 was very playable and the took incredible strides backwards is this area. That has to be fixed.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #19
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
id like to see the broadcast presentation mimic real life a little closer all around
Old 11-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

Give us an owner mode, kind of like MVP 05 had. Man I loved that mode and it was challenging for me to make money. Or bring back the old franchise where we could set ticket prices, hot dog prices, etc. And the money we make during the season is our budget for the offseason.

Ability to relocate teams like Madden. Would love to move the Rays out of St. Pete to Montreal or somewhere else.

Better progression for both older guys and young guys. I don't want my top 10 pick from the last season's draft to be able to be an 80+ overall in his second season.

Create a draft class. Makes it easier for us to keep realism in our franchises.

Create a stance/delivery. Don't know if it's possible but it would be cool.

More brands in the game. Such as Under Armour cleats, wilson gloves, louisville slugger bats, etc.

Injuries occur more often on default settings. I have yet to see an injury in any game I have played. Even when I hit a line drive off of a pitcher, he just gets back on the mound and gets ready to throw the next pitch.

Ability to edit generic coaches appearance and name ONLY. I hate seeing generic coaches in my franchises. So it could be cool if we could create old coaches like Joe Torre, Tony La Russa, Don Zimmer, etc.

Also would love have Single A in RTTS. Not many guys start the season out at double AA after getting drafted.

And that's all I can think of. Even if some of this couldn't be incorporated in 15 would love to see it all in there at some point.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #21
Rookie

I like all of the above ideas. Mine are fairly simple.

1. Must have an Archive System. A way to look at previous seasons played. I'd like to be able to see things that we achieved from the 2014 season, even when I'm playing in the 2018 season.

2. Records! This is a MUST HAVE! In baseball statistics matter to people more so than perhaps any other sport. It would be nice to see the top 25 all-time leaders in each category. How great would it be to chase down the records with that hotshot rookie you draft. Chasing records and being able to compare your players to the greats is how depth is created. This is a great way to have a far more deep franchise experience from time to time. It would also be great to have team specific records as well, but I'll start simple with just the MLB. I'd even take just having them open slotted to be filled with our current seasons.

3. Definitely need to fix the players "baseball card" why is there only 2 years of their history. It should be designed very much like a bubble gum baseball card. teams played, games, hits, etc. It also should show minor league stats also. "High Heat Baseball" on PS2 had this and it really helped with the depth. When I would make a call-up to the majors I would look at which player was having a successful season... not just which player rated higher. Also be nice if it had an achievement page attached where it would show how many gold gloves, batting titles, all-stars, MVP / CY awards. Just another nice little thing to add to the depth.

4. Control of retiring players! Nothing drives me nuts more than this. How does a player retire due to "Poor FA Market" before the free agency period begins?? I signed Grady Sizemore a month into the year and he hit .320 / 18 / 83 the rest of the year for me. Then abruptly retired following the season due to "Poor FA Market." I definitely wanted him back and he was 30 years old. Let us control when a player can retire or at least approve it. Losing players way before the should really drags the experience down.

5. Online League... same as the OFFLINE experience. I'd love it to be fully customizable much like the NBA2k15 League version. setting how many games. teams, injuries, etc. this would be fantastic.

6. Accurate contracts. Understand there is a rumor that they can't have accurate contracts, so either make everything half of the true value OR Allow us to edit their salaries to make them accurate (I Prefer this)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #22
Rookie

Josemanuel831's Arena

They should add a celebration button when you hit a double or triple.
Add team celebrations like the dodgers bubble machine.
Get real sponsors like Rawlings and Louisville slugger.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #23
Rookie

Player models, Player models, Player models, !!!!!

For the upgrade from PS3 to PS4, we got only next gen hair and beards for the player models. Just have to look at Madden, NBA 2K and NHL for the graphical jump that should be a minimum for next gen consoles.

Face scans should be almost 100%, since player faces are always seen, unlike football and hockey. NBA 2K did I great job with face scans and the faces showing emotions. The Show must have new and improved body types. They really need to get rid of the "blockyness" of the body parts (see Miggy's barrel chest and stomach) and have much more natural/realistic body proportions. NBA 2K also did a great job this year with the new leaner body types.

The other games have improved in this area by leaps and bounds. Now, The Show must do the same. Let's see if The Show comes through next year. I have my doubts, since we have not heard anything about face scanning and it will probably be too late to wait until spring training to do the scans, but am hoping for the best.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
I like all of the above ideas. Mine are fairly simple.

1. Must have an Archive System. A way to look at previous seasons played. I'd like to be able to see things that we achieved from the 2014 season, even when I'm playing in the 2018 season.

2. Records! This is a MUST HAVE! In baseball statistics matter to people more so than perhaps any other sport. It would be nice to see the top 25 all-time leaders in each category. How great would it be to chase down the records with that hotshot rookie you draft. Chasing records and being able to compare your players to the greats is how depth is created. This is a great way to have a far more deep franchise experience from time to time. It would also be great to have team specific records as well, but I'll start simple with just the MLB. I'd even take just having them open slotted to be filled with our current seasons.

3. Definitely need to fix the players "baseball card" why is there only 2 years of their history. It should be designed very much like a bubble gum baseball card. teams played, games, hits, etc. It also should show minor league stats also. "High Heat Baseball" on PS2 had this and it really helped with the depth. When I would make a call-up to the majors I would look at which player was having a successful season... not just which player rated higher. Also be nice if it had an achievement page attached where it would show how many gold gloves, batting titles, all-stars, MVP / CY awards. Just another nice little thing to add to the depth.

4. Control of retiring players! Nothing drives me nuts more than this. How does a player retire due to "Poor FA Market" before the free agency period begins?? I signed Grady Sizemore a month into the year and he hit .320 / 18 / 83 the rest of the year for me. Then abruptly retired following the season due to "Poor FA Market." I definitely wanted him back and he was 30 years old. Let us control when a player can retire or at least approve it. Losing players way before the should really drags the experience down.

5. Online League... same as the OFFLINE experience. I'd love it to be fully customizable much like the NBA2k15 League version. setting how many games. teams, injuries, etc. this would be fantastic.

6. Accurate contracts. Understand there is a rumor that they can't have accurate contracts, so either make everything half of the true value OR Allow us to edit their salaries to make them accurate (I Prefer this)

1-3 for sure. I hate being in free agency and not being able to see a players, say, stolen bases for example. I had to create a separate save at the end of every AAA and MLB season and go back to reference them to see players histories. Unacceptable. And I would definitely like to look back and see how many times a guy was an all-star or how many championships he had won.

4 & 5 I never had a problem with. 6 would be definitely be nice as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »