Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #25
Rookie

ey215's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

1. Commentary: While I think it's improved and changing broadcasters would be counterproductive there's room for growth here. I think the underlying system is more of a problem than the announcers themselves. The issues I mainly have is that baseball commentary is more like telling a story and that is missing. Each at bat feels disconnected from the game as a whole and each game feels disconnected from what else is going on in the league or how the teams/players got into the current situation in the first place.

2. Presentation: I'm someone that likes the slower pace of games so I don't play with quick counts and don't really X through cut scenes. The Show leaves cut scenes on one thing for too long. There should be room for short replays of the previous pitch, or cuts from batter to pitcher to runners like there are in real life. While not really speeding up the pace it would feel more authentic and interesting.

3. Franchise Improvements: Stats, oh my god, stats. WAR, wOBA, etc. and track them from year to year. We're well past the 1940s, let's track more from year to year than the Triple Crown stats + steals. CPU roster handling needs a lot of work as well. In next gen shouldn't we be able to store spring training and postseason stats instead of wiping them as well? Give us more splits!

4. Franchise Immersion: While I understand the technical limitation of why we're not likely to see a highlight show (maybe ever), there's enough to talk about in baseball without showing anything on the screen that a MLB Now type show could work. Even something like EA did with Tony Bruno back in the day with a radio show playing over the menus would be a huge improvement. In general, anything that helps the player feel more immersed in a real league instead of just playing game after game in a bubble would be very welcome.

5. Stadium Experience: Two versions of the retractable roof stadiums is important. I'd personally like to see fans in the Park at the Park at Petco (but I'm biased ).

6. Animations: I don't have anything specific to say but a general improvement would be great. The Japanese style swing still needs some work as well. I think it's time to get some umps in to mo-cap and update the umpire animations as well. Speaking of umpires, for the love of god fix their positioning!

7. Uniforms: Update them throughout the year with patches, etc. I know hands are probably tied by MLB here, but that would be nice. Persuade them that people want authenticity!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #26
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
1. Replace Steve "Psycho" Lyons
2. Add the Owner mode-like feature removed after MLB 12 back in
3. Put a lot more detail into the stadiums and backdrops
4. Put in stadium exteriors
Old 11-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #27
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

1. Situational, contextual awareness. Urgency animations. This applies to both the CPU and Player. The characters need to recognize situations, better. Nonchalant animations need to be either minimized or removed, or better yet implement more urgency animations. Turning double plays needs more urgency. Outfielder needs to be able to throw to bases with more urgency when situation calls for it. All this applies to the CPU as well, so it's not simply a matter of user input error. Even when user preloads throws where urgency is required, often times, nonchalant animations would trigger. Situational contextual awareness. Urgency animations.

2. Facial scans. Variable, diverse player models. Body proportions.

3. Tutorial, practice mode for situational base running, (NOT RTTS mode training). I want franchise, season base running practice mode. Give me 1st and 3rd. 1st and 2nd, etc. Often times, I really have no clue what to press in certain situations. Give us a practice mode, so we'll be more confident in running bases or stealing bases, or holding up the guy on 1st and tagging up at 3rd. Etc. Etc.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 11-06-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7
Would love a separate Classic era mode with old stadiums and teams and players from the various decades. Really put some effort into the player likeness and animation. This was missing in past The Show efforts in doing this. Maybe get Vin Scully or another classic announcer to do broadcast work like in that great game Old Time Baseball from mid '90s that had Mel Allen, Curt Howdy, and one other I can't remember.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Time_Baseball

Also give us a better version of Forbes Field, not a really early one, but the one from 1960.

Now with Stadium editor and the ability to share with community, guys could really build the stadiums out. So Sony SD team could put majority of focus on player likenesses and animations, and presentation.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7
Curt Gowdy, not Howdy,
Old 11-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
i wish they had real contracts for the players or the ability to put them in are self
Old 11-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #31
Rookie

xCULLO's Arena

- More swing animations and follow throughs
- Mid-Season contract extensions
- More realistic draft prospects and random players
- Trade Finder (similar to NBA 2k)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #32
Rookie

I just don't understand why they don't have a slew of stats especially for the game of baseball. Just adds to the immersion. Sucks being deep into a franchise and seeing basic stats. Kills it for me a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »