Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

Love reading this! It gets me stoked for '15. My additions/thoughts:

Commentary
The engine is designed for old hardware and needs a revamp. More flow and less static dead air with a predictable statement after each play. MLB Network integration would add another layer of realism to the broadcast/commentary. COSTAS! COSTAS!

Stadium Environment
The crowds should deplete from the upper decks during blowouts and meaningless games. I know MLB has a say in this, but go for realism.

Spring Training
This is an area the game could really add a lot of gameplay. Mini games, Coaching, etc. I feel SCEA has some real potential to be developed. Anyone who travels to Spring Training knows what a unique environment it is and how different it is from normal MLB play.

Player Personalization
Especially for RTTS, the opportunity to choose HR Celebrations, Signature pre-swing rituals, etc really attach the gamer to the in-game action.

Player aging
In RTTS and other modes, how cool would it be to see guys get gray hairs as they age... or more wrinkles? A little thing, but could add a lot of realism for those of us that play years and years into their career/franchise.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 9

Please fix playoff rosters.

A playoff eligible player comes off the DL in the days before the start of the Division Series (the guy who replaced him on the 25-man roster in September is not playoff eligible) and it's impossible to add him to the active roster. So, gotta go in with 24 players.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Improvements I would like to see include:

Graphics:
- Improvement to frame rate

Presentation/Animations
- During night games have the windows in the buildings that are in the background light
up. They currently look abandoned at night.
- Enhancements to 7th inning stretch - extended and stadium specific. Crowd cut scenes.
- Stadium specific cut scenes like close up on the fountains in KC or fans in canoes in SF
or monuments park in NY. Also, it would be great to have stadium aerial view or cut
scene of activity taking place outside of stadium during opening scenes of game
- Highlights of key plays that have occurred mid way through the game (ex 5th inning)
- Inclusion and option to have batter name (and basic stats) remain on during entire
batting sequence along with pitcher name (and basic stats) remain on at all times like
many of the baseball games used to display
- On that same note, option to have fielder name displayed when player has ball. Also,
option for base runner's name to also be displayed
- All mascots included. Don't recall seeing any mascots
- More stadium specific crowd chants and atmosphere
- National anthems briefly played before going into in game action

Uniforms to be Added
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays old Green uniforms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #36
Rookie

radney's Arena

I know these things don't mean anything towards gameplay but I would like to see the different times of day. From early afternoon starts at 1 would be bright and fade towards late afternoon. The late afternoon starts at 4 with the lights starting to come on mid way through the game into early evening. And the night games fading into complete night sky. In this department is where the 2K Series shined.

I would also like to see changing weather during games where it could be overcast at the start and clear up to be sunny by game's end or vice versa. Wind blowing light or harder or maybe changing directions like it would before rain.

Also the infield dirt changes to being dry or damp along with the foul line and batter's box chalk lines fades out as players slide across the plate. Little subtle things like that can bring a game to a completely whole different level.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Also better trade logic...AGAIN!!!!

Supposedly fix this year. Still seeing guys like Lindor traded for insert crappy middle reliever here.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #38
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

revamp the fielding.

more body types and hair types.

aging for players in franchise

sots.

user celebrations for homeruns.

better foul ball animations...

please bring back ticket prices, vendor pricing, seating and promotions!

there a lot of great suggestions on here...
Old 11-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #39
Rookie

MCGREGOR__'s Arena

Needs customizable draft classes…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #40
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

I say it's time to redue everything graphics wise, get as far away from that PS3 build as possible. New player models, updated stadiums,especially the LED ribbons, retractable roofs and more interactive ball boys. It's also time for a new hitting and pitching interface. Actually I like the hitting but find the pitching pretty bland. Maybe get something like 2K had, they're not using it anymore. Bring back umpire crews with names and have each guy have different strike zones. That way they can finally add player and manager ejections for arguing balls and strikes. Update the uniforms, some teams have been missing certain jerseys for a few years now, (Brewers home navy blue jersey for example). New cutscenes for batters, pitchers, and mascots, and finally name brand equipment, i.e. shoes, gloves, bats, balls, etc. Every other sports game has name brand equipment, it's time for baseball to join the party.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »