Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 03:25 AM   #49
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by radney
I know these things don't mean anything towards gameplay but I would like to see the different times of day. From early afternoon starts at 1 would be bright and fade towards late afternoon. The late afternoon starts at 4 with the lights starting to come on mid way through the game into early evening. And the night games fading into complete night sky. In this department is where the 2K Series shined.

I would also like to see changing weather during games where it could be overcast at the start and clear up to be sunny by game's end or vice versa. Wind blowing light or harder or maybe changing directions like it would before rain.

Also the infield dirt changes to being dry or damp along with the foul line and batter's box chalk lines fades out as players slide across the plate. Little subtle things like that can bring a game to a completely whole different level.

This! .
Old 11-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #50
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

1. ASB 2005 style who's hot and not list

2. ASB 2005 style expansion mode

3. Team Vs. Team stats

4. trade finder - i put in a player that i am seeking from a team and the cpu tells me what if anything it would take to get that player or players and if i put a player on my team into it (which might work better) i can find out what players throughout the game i could get for them.

i really don't like the work that is involved in the trade system it is now.. we should find out what we can get by just putting a player into the trade thing and be able to go through the teams and find out as we scroll through each team players will pop up of who they will give up for each player.. in whatever combination.

5. individual batter vs pitcher stats

6. individual pitcher vs batter stats

7. Pitcher Vs team stats

8. Kids in the outfield during the HRD shagging fly balls

9. 4th of July uniforms for every team

10. individual team uniforms for all star game

11. more trades proposed to user teams by CPU (have had none to date this year and never have actually with or without players on the block)

12. ball boys and girls giving the ball to fans when they get the balls.

13. no matter if a game lasts 9 or 90 innings please give us the post game line score after game is over. the one that is there after a 9 inning game. (i use it in my updates)

14. Anything and everything that mirrors a real broadcast in every way possible... keep it coming ... i want to never know whether im playing a game or watching a real broadcast...
Old 11-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #51
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3

Here's my wish list.

- Fix the franchise/season custom roster glitch. If i SIM spring training, i dont want to go back and fix every teams 40 man roster when they were correct at the start of spring training =(

- Retractable roofs

- more variations in player models

- face scans

- SOUNDS OF THE SHOW (Pleaseeee keep them in the game)

- Need some sort of presentation overhaul or upgrade. Perhaps integrate MLB Network or ESPN Baseball Tonight?

- a variety of ways umpires can "blow calls" and work in the ability to challenge them.

- Diamond Dynasty Upgrades. I think every now and then it would be cool to get a variation or "chase card" of an MLB player in a pack where you can use them longer than 10 games. Or even add contract cards to Dynasty and MLB players. Also, it would be cool to have injuries and a DL spot(s) for your team. That way, the cards i have saved/collected have a more of a purpose. Finally, a season mode for offline DD players. I love the Extra Innings aspect for offline DD players to play other DD teams, but an alternate option such as a mini 10-game season or something would be nice.

BONUS - Create a Stadium
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #52
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

1. MLB Network presentation integration. Quick Pitch in season, Hot Stove in the off season. I want to feel more immersed via audio/video presentation ala 2k basketball. Newspaper or Twitter feed is cool too like Madden and 2K basektball. More dynamic in-season commentary.

2. Further evolution of Quick Counts - Quick Counts was the greatest thing added to MLB 14. For me it was a god send as I do not have the time like I used to to play multiple seasons. Now I can with quick counts and year to year franchise saves. I would like to see 1-0 counts so I can lay a bunt down without a strike on me. Just a little thing but important.

3. Historical stats for every player and the player card to be better. Also in-game historical average against particular player, etc. 2K baseball did a great job in that department. I would love to see The Show amp up the in-game statistical presentation and also make it dynamic to the season.

4. Post-Season presentation - in game as well as out of the game in the meus with post season wrap up shows, highlights from other post season games. In-Game they have made strides with crowd reaction etc but I want more electricity and dynamic crowd reactions in tight games. Also season stats to still be shown as well as current post season stats in batter walk-ups and pitcher stats.

Can't wait till March!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #53
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Been playing the Show forever, and my requests are in my signature.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

From the point of view of an historical modder...

- Coach edits (Appearence and name, helps with immersion to not potentially have Ryne Sandberg coach Ryne Sandberg.)

- Create A Team, including the ability to use the IP of former MLB teams (Expos) and the ability to replace current teams in Franchise mode.

- Create A Draft Class: I'm aware that draft classes are produced by the game dynamically for the draft, and aren't preset. However, it would be an interesting feature to let us insert customized players amongst the players to be drafted and also, after having done that, imposing a cap on the potential of the players that are dynamically produced by the game so that the customized players are better than them and that dynamically produced guys end up being depth filler. Include an option for players to enter the game world a certain year without going through the draft for international players. Don't cap the number of customized players allowed.

The way I see it, draft classes would be created as an exportable and vault-able file. Then during Franchise mode, when a season starts, you get the option to import your custom players to the draft, with the game filling in the rest of the draft with dynamically produced guys, if there aren't enough custom guys to fill the whole draft. Then you can scout them and draft them.

This way, somebody playing my 1994 mod, for exemple, could import the 1994 class in Season 1 of franchise, the 1995 class in Season 2, etc. Data integrity and historical continuity would be maintained over time. This is a huge, huge thing. And it creates a new category of User Created Content.

Personally, this means more work for me, because not only would I have to create draft classes, 20 of them, and I would, but also because I'd need to remove 94/some 95/some 96 draftees from my current file so that there wouldn't be duplicates. But, I'll say as a modder that if this would be in, it would be used. I'm sure others will agree.

- Historical rules, divisions & scheduling, including settings to have less than 30 teams in a Franchise mode, no Interleague play, no replays...

- Ability to set alternate uniforms as Default ones and ability to limit what uniforms the CPU will use in Franchise mode, once again, helps with immersion in an historical setting.

- Salary, contract lenght, years of service editing for default and or created players.

- Maintain ALL current editing capabilities including the brilliant import/export mechanic.

- And, pipe dream, ability to edit last season / career total stats so that players in historical mods don't start at zero

Last edited by Phil Parent; 11-07-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I'm with the poster above on the draft class issue. I think it would be great if we got the ability to create draft classes in the 2K series. I, for one, would gladly help people in creating realistic fantasy draft classes for people to use. Also, this would be helpful because it could also add more realism to the game with guys creating the next season's real draft class. Also to be honest the SCEA generated classes are a little to non-realistic like most computer generated classes. Also another I would like to see implemented is something along the lines of the draft class strength meter that 2K implemented in 15 for the PS4 and X1, also a trade slider that could help make trading more realistic. For example if the slider is at 100 most trades will go through and a lot will be made and at 0 it is very difficult to trade and maybe one or 2 will be made during the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #56
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

How about The Show Live actually working like a true up to date live game instead of like an exhibition game with live, sometimes not accurate stats. Have graphics displaying live division races and have the announcers mention previous and upcoming games.Have them also mention if batters and pitchers are on real life hot and cold streaks. To put it simple, have the commentary like you're playing a game in season or franchise mode instead of exhibition mode. Finally I know this will probably never happen, but how about a $1,000,000 no hit challenge, even though it's virtually impossible to throw no hitters in this game. Give gamers, new and old to the franchise, more incentive to go out and buy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »