Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
A mode like OTP where 18 players are all human controlled.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2
Outside of some general Items like improved Presentation, improved Player models, animations, hit variety, etc (all of which should go without saying) a couple of main items I'd like to see improved are:

1. Dynamic Rosters - The NBA 2K15 team is doing an incredible job with this right now. Each day they are updating the rosters and are not just limiting to player ratings. They are updating uniform edits, player equipment, etc. Largely based on community feedback. This would be awesome for The Show.

2. Spring Training - As great as The Show is, it is still hard to believe we've yet to see a baseball game without a true Spring Training mode. Putting a feature like this in the game (similar to PostSeason mode) with authentic Spring Training ballparks (Legends Field, Jet Blue Park, Camelback Ranch, etc) would be awesome. it's a great way to allow for players to play prior to a regular season but would also offer up some great replayability following the World Series (for those that just want to get in their baseball fix prior to the new version of the Show releasing).

3. Uniforms - All arguments about the Style Guide aside, it seems that we are at a point where just all the uniforms in the style guide could be included, not just handpicked ones. And if that is a problem, just allow for Custom ones to be created by users based on the team colors.

4. New equipment - Would like to see some of the updated equipment in the game that is currently used by players (ie: full, small and half leg guards).

5. Lastly, I think we all LOVED the new lighting system in MLB The Show 14. I'm hoping all of the ballparks will get the proper lighting treatment like AT&T Park. At the very least, no more dark outfields and someone please turn on the lights in the city of Pittsburgh! (that backdrop was depressing to look at in the game).
Old 11-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #59
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

How bout putting it on Xbox one, PLEASE!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #60
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

There's quite a few things I could ask for. But, until we get Sounds of the Show back, there's no chance of me "upgrading".
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #61
Rookie

Better animations and smother frame rate. When I see what Konami has done with a PS3 game in PYS, I feel the Show could be doing a lot better in this regard on PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #62
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
From the point of view of an historical modder...

- Coach edits (Appearence and name, helps with immersion to not potentially have Ryne Sandberg coach Ryne Sandberg.)

- Create A Team, including the ability to use the IP of former MLB teams (Expos) and the ability to replace current teams in Franchise mode.

- Create A Draft Class: I'm aware that draft classes are produced by the game dynamically for the draft, and aren't preset. However, it would be an interesting feature to let us insert customized players amongst the players to be drafted and also, after having done that, imposing a cap on the potential of the players that are dynamically produced by the game so that the customized players are better than them and that dynamically produced guys end up being depth filler. Include an option for players to enter the game world a certain year without going through the draft for international players. Don't cap the number of customized players allowed.

The way I see it, draft classes would be created as an exportable and vault-able file. Then during Franchise mode, when a season starts, you get the option to import your custom players to the draft, with the game filling in the rest of the draft with dynamically produced guys, if there aren't enough custom guys to fill the whole draft. Then you can scout them and draft them.

This way, somebody playing my 1994 mod, for exemple, could import the 1994 class in Season 1 of franchise, the 1995 class in Season 2, etc. Data integrity and historical continuity would be maintained over time. This is a huge, huge thing. And it creates a new category of User Created Content.

Personally, this means more work for me, because not only would I have to create draft classes, 20 of them, and I would, but also because I'd need to remove 94/some 95/some 96 draftees from my current file so that there wouldn't be duplicates. But, I'll say as a modder that if this would be in, it would be used. I'm sure others will agree.

- Historical rules, divisions & scheduling, including settings to have less than 30 teams in a Franchise mode, no Interleague play, no replays...

- Ability to set alternate uniforms as Default ones and ability to limit what uniforms the CPU will use in Franchise mode, once again, helps with immersion in an historical setting.

- Salary, contract lenght, years of service editing for default and or created players.

- Maintain ALL current editing capabilities including the brilliant import/export mechanic.

- And, pipe dream, ability to edit last season / career total stats so that players in historical mods don't start at zero
This is probably the one thing I want to see most of all in the game. I'd like to add a few things that I mentioned in my old post: I'd like to bring back old stadiums an minor-league affiliates as well. I want to have the option of bringing back the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons (best minor-league team name ever if you ask me )as my AAA team in a Phillies dynasty if I begin in 2006 or earlier, or even bring it back now. And the calender year needs to say the year you start in. I start a franchise mode in 1995, it should say 1995. I'd like to be able to set default logos as well.

Last edited by RedMeansGo2006; 11-07-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #63
Rookie

Improved online franchise mode.

Create a stadium for offline fun and franchise mode. Let users share stadiums. We already have custom rosters of years like 1998, so why not have the same stadiums for that year?

Custom franchise mode settings, like for instance say you have a custom roster for the year 1927,
but the first problem is in 1927 there was far less teams than we have now, and no playoffs, and not even the same amount of games. So allow us to set how many teams we want in the franchise, and when and if we want the league to expand.

Classic stadiums, how much longer before we can finally play in Tiger Stadium in all its PS4 graphically glory. Or the old Yankee stadium of the 20s, or Ebbets field, the Kingdome, the Met, and so many others.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:06 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 24

Chris I think you're being awfully nice if you say the commentary isn't just plain bad in this game. The "stale" excuse gets used too much. It didn't even sound good the first time I heard it. The commentary sounds like it's done by people watching baseball for the first time in their entire lives.

My wish list? More than anything I just want better gameplay. Revamped fielding, and a fixed baserunning/stealing system, as well as a way to know when the opponent is stealing a base (and what base is being stolen).

Hitting needs to get better too. Still too floaty.

Theres some big lapses in the Franchise interface too, like not being able to see a pitcher's energy level from the main franchise menu, or how cumbersome it is to compare the stats of two players.

Trading with the CPU feels like a crapshoot, and there's very little rationale in what the CPU will accept vs not accept. Salary seems to be weighed far too heavily, too (in the rationale, that is).

But I can live with things missing from franchise mode, with subpar commentary, and really everything else, if the gameplay provides something close to actual MLB play. Right now, it does not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »