Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #89
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea what happened to 2K's baseball game, stopped being made. EA probably did the same. Are they still making a baseball game, nope. If you don't follow what the MLB says they can pull the license from you and no more game being made. And actually people would care if that stripe was not the way the company wanted it because they own the license for everything. That's what it is coming down to. SCE San Diego is scared that if they do something that MLB doesn't approve then they will lose the license.
Not seeing your point at all. 2K was closed down because they were not selling lol. Your whole point is illogical in the extreme. I'm not even sure what point you are trying to make.... are you trying to say these companies closed shop because of style guide errors lmao?

Follow what the MLB says: Use the Style Guide for all purposes of uniform representation. Yadda. Yeah, we know what it says. And what company are you talking about? That IS NOT the way they want it lol. It's a friggin' mistake in the guide. NO real sports team would ever want their jerseys misrepresented in a game. And that is EXACTLY what is being done to the teams because of these guide errors. If someone doesn't even give a **** to update the guide then I am 100% sure no gives a **** if someone corrects an error in game.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #90
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Hahaha best rant ever.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #91
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Guys, MLB can take issue with SCEA for anything they do in the game. The MLB Style Guide is there to protect the image of the individual teams. If MLB wants a developer to follow the Style Guide, then that's what SCEA will have to do.

You're probably right that nobody will recognize a breach of contract. SCEA however has made it clear that they won't skirt the law or raise any issues. That's why the dalmation in Atlanta is always a big issue.

Again, if anybody has a grave issue with what's in the game, contact the team. They are the ones that have to change it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Guys, MLB can take issue with SCEA for anything they do in the game. The MLB Style Guide is there to protect the image of the individual teams. If MLB wants a developer to follow the Style Guide, then that's what SCEA will have to do.

You're probably right that nobody will recognize a breach of contract. SCEA however has made it clear that they won't skirt the law or raise any issues. That's why the dalmation in Atlanta is always a big issue.

Again, if anybody has a grave issue with what's in the game, contact the team. They are the ones that have to change it.
Thank you that's exactly what I was saying...
Old 11-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #93
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

OVR: 1
I don't want much. I would just like a simpler salary cap method. I want to be able to know how much I have and freely use it accordingly. I never quite know what I have and can never spend the way I anticipate unless I use big market team or turn cap off all together. I know there are all kinds of how too's on the topic in the forums. But I don't think I should have to research it to use it. Anyone else have this struggle? The game is great
Old 11-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #94
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Is it wrong that I want to read more rants about defying the style guide?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #95
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

The only thing more boring than the Style Guide itself....is complaints about companies having to adhere to it.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ho Hum...pass me another fried onion please.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #96
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The only thing more boring than the Style Guide itself....is complaints about companies having to adhere to it.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ho Hum...pass me another fried onion please.

M.K.
Knight165
Same thing different day as usual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »