Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

For RTTS:

- 100% control over fielders and baserunners.

-As a catcher talking to Manager/Pitcher would be great

-Catcher calling pitches only when it really matters (late innings, less then a 5run difference, runner in scoring position)

-on popups in the infield with manual catch on let the fielder/catcher look up to the ball like an outfielder. The way it is now, it's impossible to catch popups manually.

-catching a pitch and throwing out a basestealer at the same time is a pain. Make the C catch the pitch on a steal automatically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #122
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Franchise mode:
Offseason needs the ability to make trades for people that are still under team control regardless of whether they have an "official contract"--guys like arb eligible and renewables.

The transactions screen in the offseason needs an extra layer to just look at FA signings, arb offerings, etc instead of grouping them all at once. It is jumbled and hard to find what you want when the only options to separate them are "all" or "team".

Getting salaries closer to realistic would be nice. I understand that they cannot be spot on but within a million or so shouldn't be horrible? Just something that expresses a more realistic range of team cost.

Hopefully we'll get another step closer towards a more OOTP management experience. I understand the devs have a lot of ideas in this area.

Defensive play and animations still needs some tweaks. The more frames/smoothness we can get during the pitcher's release would be nice. Better stadium lighting and touch-ups around the stadiums would be great as well.

I have to add one more-when I ask it to sim a season, I'd live it if it simmed the darn season! Please, don't stop to ask for input until it is done--not for the end of the first half of a minir league, the futures, the ASB, the trade deadline, whatever. Please, just sim it and don't automatically start the post-season. Just sim the season. It would be nice to be able to leave the room and have the sim done while you are gone.

Last edited by rjackson; 11-19-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #123
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
[*]Commentary - The current commentary team isn’t bad, just stale — and their lines are repeating a bit too often for our tastes. Replacing the current guys is one option, having them add a lot more lines is another one.
Can't. Imagine. Guys. Like. THAT. Too. Much.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #124
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Aside from the total graphic/model/animation overhaul that has been discussed numerous times on this thread, this is what I would like to see.

Weight/physics system:

This is something that has gone relatively untouched in The Show series for some time now. Baseball is a gritty game, a game of inches, and something that you don't really feel when playing this game. Players move quickly out of the box, or in the outfield and infield at an unrealistic pace and every step you take feels like there is no weight. I want to feel a players momentum. I want to see the weight system in action as a player busts it down the first base line, as the updated jersey physics showcase the jersey movement as each step is taken. I want to see a player lean and angle his body as he rounds the bases. When a player dives, I want it to look/feel like the player really hit the ground as he slides across the grass.

Lighting/textures:

Without going into too much detail, The Show series shares an eerily similar graphical quality with the Live series pre Live 15. Lighting/textures and colors seem too cartoony and bright. Grass doesn't really look lush and soft. Just looks like a flat green carpet. Etc.

Jerseys:

Aside from the accuracy which really doesn't bother me, jerseys as a whole need a huge upgrade. First of all, it's 2014. I think it's time for free flowing jerseys. Jerseys that move and bounce and react to player movement. Move in the wind. Jerseys should not hover over the players arms. Textures need to be improved as well.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:54 AM   #125
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

These are some of the MLB the Show many, many wishlist items I post on twitter:

• a "not gonna trade these guys no matter what" untouchable list (mostly to limit the annoying trade offer pop-ups from other teams who want my players.
• Closers not being mostly used in save situations and only save situations.
• Some sort of team strategy slider. Maybe one team is stats oriented. Another is more traditional. Etc.
• Customizable pitcher windups/deliveries/etc. like they did with stances, ability to move pitcher on the rubber
• A complete transaction log for Franchise tracking the moves you've made as GM.
• Being able to select who you bring up for September call-ups. AKA, not having to bring up everyone.
• Being able to choose whether or not to send the manager to the mound or the pitching coach.
• Players wearing the uniforms of their respective teams in the All-Star Game.
• The ability to reject a trade as RTTS.
• The ability to fall into the stands or the dugouts when catching fly balls.
• A full minor league system, from AAA to A.
• The ability to upload updated rosters during franchise mode.
• Pitcher attributes for pickoffs and holding runners.
• A post-MLB career career mode for your retired RTTS players that takes them into front office or the dugout.
• A pitch framing/extra strikes attribute. I seem to remember one of the devs saying they hadn't done anything with pitch framing, for example, because there wasn't any research or it wasn't quantifiable, but there's been more and more research done showing that it is an actual skill. I'd love to see this incorporated somehow.
• The ability to hire retired MLB players as coaches and managers.
• The ability to create your own pitcher wind up/delivery similar to 2K. That's literally the only thing I like about that game.
• The ability to create a team/design a stadium based on a template.
• The ability to trade more than three players in a trade, and to be able to have three-way trades.
• In RTTS, for position players to change to pitcher and vice versa and starters to relievers/relievers to starters.
• For position players to be able to pitch/pitchers be able to play positions. I'm tired of having worn out pitchers because I had a blowout or a long game the game before, or having to turn to a starting pitcher because my game went 16 innings.
• Something to do with those contracts you earn in RTTS. Maybe a little bit of an RTTS storyline like what EA NHL does with Be a Pro/Live the Life.
• Rain delays and double-headers.
• An attribute that allows pitchers to ramp up velocity as the game goes on (like in-his-prime Verlander, for example).
• Players that get pumped up to face former teams, maybe to a negative degree. Crowd and commentator reaction to former players coming back to play against the old team.
• Some sort of personality/player traits incorporated, perhaps in franchise mode.
• The ability to use five infielders, as Mike Scioscia and Joe Maddon sometimes do.
• The ability to trade injured players/players on the disabled list, as in real life.

• Also the ability to create a female player like in the NHL games. I am aware this is a feature probably only female gamers/fans would use but as a female gamer/fan, it's one I want to see. Maybe a future Mo'né Davis might get a kick out of being able to create a female player.

Last edited by catswithbats; 11-20-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 1

The big stuff has been mentioned a bunch already. I'm hoping for some little details in things like create a player. I'd like the ability to pick individual secondary positions like a checklist. No more predetermined combos like 2b/ss or OF. I want to be able to pick multiple positions individually. So I can make my 3b also able to play 1b, LF, RF. Also include things that make players individuals like unbuttoned jerseys, necklaces, etc.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #127
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
• An attribute that allows pitchers to ramp up velocity as the game goes on (like in-his-prime Verlander, for example).

I like this idea, but really you can already do this in the game. I pitch using analog and you can control how hard you throw your pitch by how fast or hard you push the right stick up.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #128
Rookie

ImW33Z's Arena

As a guy who loves to edit rosters, attributes, and players to make the game as authentic as possible here are a few things I want.

-ROSTER EDITING CHANGES

-please add the ability to release players from rosters! This would save so much time in the editing of rosters.

-the ability to change hair and facial hair on players (I know this would be a longshot, but it would be cool)

- have tattoos on players (again a longshot)

-add more class A minor league teams.

- allow me to edit the names and appearances of the generic managers. Also allow to change the team that a certain manager is on.

- allow me to change contracts

- SOME FRANCHISE MODE CHANGES

- have rain outs and rescheduled games

- don't have a torn acl end a players career (I'm pretty sure Puig wouldn't retire after tearing his acl at only 25)

- more in depth prospect showcase. Let me see the top 100 prospects and how their seasons are going, when they are expected to get called up, and have the rankings change weekly based on performance.
- give us the ability to relocate teams or even expand the league.

- OTHER CHANGES

-add retractible roof option

- more jersey options

- create a ballpark

Cleveland Browns
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Columbus Blue Jackets
Ohio State Buckeyes
Youngstown State Penguins
Pro Wrestling

Official 2005 Roster Project available now on MLB 20 The Show PSN: KrombopulosW33Z.

On Twitter: @LordW33Z

Last edited by ImW33Z; 11-20-2014 at 05:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »