Home

WWE 2K15's MyCAREER Mode is a Good Foundation For the Future

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15's MyCAREER Mode is a Good Foundation For the Future within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

WWE 2K15’s MyCareer mode is new to this year’s game, featuring your created Superstar rising up from the ranks of the NXT roster to compete on the main roster for the WWE championship. I’m a bit of the way into this mode, but still on the NXT show for now. Here are some initial thoughts of what I’m seeing:
  • The opening segments where you compete in the performance center and learn how to do things is ok, but it really does lack any emotion or passion. I’m not sure if this can be improved, but it definitely feels kinda empty competing in there.
  • So far I’m 5-2 in matches in the NXT level. I’ve lost a couple because I couldn’t get back on offense once I was getting destroyed. The reversal timing is hit or miss for me. It seems like I’m either on it or not.
  • The presentation, lack of voices for my player, and overall experience feels rather bare bones. It’s not something you’d classify as special at this point. 2K was forthcoming with the fact that they made this year’s mode as a building block to future years, but in real talk that means pretty straightforward and no frills.
  • There’s not much ‘out of the ring’ interactions are decision to be made yet. I don’t feel as if I’m having much control over whether the crowd loves me or hates me yet either.
  • Match star ratings aren’t as important as I thought for getting up to the top of the roster fast. I had a match rated 1.5 stars and William Regal told me I was obviously capable of putting on great matches so he was giving me a shot at being the new #1 contender for the NXT Title. I’m not sure that computes.
  • You are given a basic set of moves you have to customize move by move. This, like many other aspects of the game, is done in an incredibly cumbersome manner. It’d be nice if there were basic movesets to choose from so you don’t have to do them all one by one. Maybe there is and I’m not seeing it as well, maybe.
  • Speaking of cumbersome, the create-a-wrestler feature/process is pretty clunky. You have to wait for the game to load pieces you add onto your created wrestler, sometimes by more than five or ten seconds. What should be a pretty fast/seamless process actually took me over 40 minutes. It was so slow, I dread going back in and making adjustments to my created wrestler.

Final Thoughts

The big thing I’ve noticed about MyCareer is that it’s like the rest of the game at this point. Far from bad, but far from great as well. It’s adequate or solid, with plenty to keep you busy and enough to keep you playing, but it’s clear the developers were just wanting to get a basic level of functionality down this year before doing anything new or exciting. That sets up a potentially amazing future but a pretty barebones and merely adequate experience today.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I'm so happy they included this. I was getting tired of the historical modes. Really hope it sticks around in the franchise and continues to improve.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
Yeah it's cool. I owe Bo Dallas a real butt kicking!!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K15's MyCAREER Mode is a Good Foundation For the Future

Took me about two and a half hours to fully customize my superstar... besides that I haven't had much else to judge o.O
Old 11-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

Great mode addition, IMO.

Only thing I dont like is the lack of being able to adjust the difficulty. Im about to wrestle my seventh match I have lost 4 and 3. Two of the three matches I got destroyed only to come back the next match and destroy my opponent. I lost my NXT title match after hitting my finisher but not being able to pin.

The SP seems to be slow accumulating too. I get about 100 to 150 per match.

One more thought, They seem to put an emphasis on having a great match. In real life its all scripted and rehearsed. The wrestlers pretty much know who is going to win. In game the CPU seems to want to finish quick, It seems to me that it would be better if you were told which one was the winner before the match and then went out and put on a great match. My point is its kinda hard to put on a great match when both parties aren't interested in a great match.
Soccer: Manchester United/Real Madrid/AS Roma/Lyon/Bayern Munich/Chicago Fire
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm on my second episode of Smackdown right now . It seems like decisions you've made does affect you career. For instance, Regal asked me to be his tag team partner and I said no. When I got to Smackdown I started sort of a rivalry with him. I wish we had more cutscenes though. Maybe when we get to raw but right now MyCAREER mode is "ehhhhhhh" it's fun but it could be a lot better. Also commentary is still horrible and repetitive . I hate when I'm wrestling and the announcers are just dull or when I do something cool (Announcer Table OMG moment ) the crowd is just normal . I know we can get better from next gen consoles. Commentary sound exactly the same from past games . Boring and repetitive .

Last edited by iRatedxR; 11-19-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #7
Just started!

Dose any one know if you can user custom rosters in my career
Old 11-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #8
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

Just a word of warning about the length of the mode going around, contains minor spoilers:
Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »