Home

It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie

This is a discussion on It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #25
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Why do people think 2K would magically fix this after not making a football game in 6 or 7 years, like they will just swoop and and solve everything. Doesnt work that way just look at NBA Live playing catch up.
You have missed the point entirely. It's about the competition. 2k could just release their game from '04 or '07 and it would be good enough. When competitors are forced to "one-up" one another, it's only going to benefit the consumer. We video game consumers have been absolutely fleeced these past 10 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
You have missed the point entirely. It's about the competition. 2k could just release their game from '04 or '07 and it would be good enough. When competitors are forced to "one-up" one another, it's only going to benefit the consumer. We video game consumers have been absolutely fleeced these past 10 years.
True but 2K basketball has competition and people here are still saying its broken every chance they get.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl

Exactly, and the 'fixes'(if we get them and if they work) are probably a lot slower since they are the only company that can make nfl games and have milked that license for all it's worth.

Despite being a known problem, look how long it has taken ea to address wr/db interactions...which they are saving for madden 16. Then they came out and dismiss the obvious qb holding on to the ball problem as an issue. I wouldn't deal with this mess if there were competition, I'd just play the other game. Live, like Madden has also been terrible, but they've canceled games because it's competitor were so far ahead and able to put out good games. The only reason madden hasn't done this is that there is no competition. You either play madden, or nothing at all.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #28
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Why should they fix this?

Who's going to compete?

/cynicmode
Old 11-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Things are bad when you’re practically begging for the CPU to put up a stop.

It was the 12th time that drive I had run the same play: HB Dive right up the center. My Eagles had a significant lead, and I wanted the opposing defense to force me to pass the ball. As you may have already guessed, that never came to fruition.

On that 12th play, LeSean McCoy cruised into the endzone for a touchdown. Why was it so easy? Because despite my repetition in the playcalling, the CPU refused to stack the box. Better yet, they would often spread their defensive line in a QB contain. Why? Why wouldn’t they try and stop me, when I’m making it so very easy for them?

The answer is simple: Madden’s AI doesn’t adapt. This is more prevalent in the playcalling than anywhere else, and it’s especially noticeable as the game carries on. No matter the score, no matter the time left on the clock, the CPU fails to adapt defensively.

What a shame it is, that in the year 2014 we still have to abide by house rules and dumb ourselves down to the CPU’s level.

It’s 2014, and Madden’s AI is still wrong.
I agree with your comments on this issue, the lack of penalties, and other issues. My question in why did you give it such a high score?

The game honestly deserves around a 5. This is 2014, the franchise has been around 20 years and this still feels like a first or second year effort.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like the picture that says corner the market and refuse to innovate because that is the number one problem with the Madden franchise. They have no comp so they literally fail to put things in the game or fix elements of the game that are glaring issues for everyday gamers.

The only thing we can do is adjust sliders. I personally have found a set of sliders that fit me, to make every game losable but still win most games with a good team (CFM - Seahawks). Turn down tackling, turn up blocking, decrease defensive reaction time, coverage, and interceptions. Next I think I will have to decrease CPU QB accuracy but I don't because then every game will be too easy to win.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
The challenge system is totally broken they might as well remove it if they cant make it work better than this. Every challenged play is pre determined and the same either way its easily a fumble way after player hits the ground or it isnt even challenged.

Penalties are a joke. I have to turn them up but even with Pass interference set to 85, its never called. Guess I'll try for 100 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

I didn't notice this, I think the AI is too hard to be honest. Especially playing on All Maddden, I get my butt handed to me by the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »