Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #129
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

I would like to see the digital ring board(the thing that goes around the stadium) overhauled and to have more variety in MLB 15, its been exactly the same since PS3 and even Vita shows the same thing, we need these stadiums built from the GROUND UP! also fly by's, weren't those supposed to be in 14? put them in 15!!!
Old 11-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #130
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

MLB 15 The Show is surely well on its way to being delivered to gamers next Spring, but that doesn’t mean we can’t add our own input on what we’d like to see in next year’s game.

In many cases, MLB 14 The Show was a pretty well executed game with a few notable flaws that held it back from true greatness. The shortlist of fixes for next year seem obvious, but there are also several gameplay issues we would love to see tidied up before next spring.

Here’s what we’d like to see fixed heading into next year:
  1. Online Play - Because this just has to work next year doesn’t it? This year was closer than ever, but it still wasn’t a great experience by any means.
  2. Commentary - The current commentary team isn’t bad, just stale — and their lines are repeating a bit too often for our tastes. Replacing the current guys is one option, having them add a lot more lines is another one.
  3. Better Management In Franchise Mode - The franchise mode is great, but there are a few items missing I really wish were there. Depth charts is one, but also better feedback on what you are doing as you do it. The experience is fine if you are a baseball savvy guy, but if you don’t know much about how the roster rules work in baseball you will almost certainly be lost guaranteed.
  4. More accuracy in stadiums, jerseys, etc. - The Show on PS3 was always above and beyond on the little things. Nowadays, it seems to be right with the rest of the pack on many of those little things, so another leap in attention to detail would be amazing.
  5. All of those gameplay enhancements - You can list what you’d love to see in the comments. Things like even more fielding animations, more hit variety, etc. These are all no brainers and should be in each new game, but it doesn’t hurt to demand it.
  6. Bonus: Create-A-Stadium. Seriously, I’m a ballpark junkie and I know I’m not the only one. Giving users the ability to create custom stadiums, especially with enough options to recreate many past great ballparks (or build a new ballpark for your franchise) would be an amazing addition we’ve not really ever seen in a baseball game.
What do you want to see in MLB 15 The Show?

5 and 6.

5 - in manage mode the gameplay was changed and resulted in low scoring games due to far too many outs on chased pitches with very few hits on chased pitches. Reverse that.

6 - Beyond create-a-stadium, which probably would be very difficult to deliver. How about something like what Madden and/or NCAA football do/did with the ability to relocate/create a team. MLB already has the ability to create a logo for the team in dynasty mode.

In NCAA football you could create a team and design the logo. In Madden you can relocate a team but are forced to choose from already created uniforms, logos and stadiums.

If create-a-stadium is too difficult maybe the devs could create several generic stadiums while allowing for relocating the franchise and creating a unique logo.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #131
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

High-res textures and updates should be a given. I expect a lot of detail in the next version. Where it gets iffy is how much time they have for systems like cloth and other physics-heavy stuff. We really need a new foundation or upgrade for accurate colors and lighting though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2014, 02:10 AM   #132
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

I thought of one more thing: I'd like to be able to retire certain numbers in franchise mode. I don't want anyone else to be able to wear 24 in Detroit besides Miguel Cabrera, you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #133
Pro

OVR: 24

An exclusion list for the minors (or all levels, really) in franchise mode would be nice too.

Sometimes I have plans to call a player up from AAA to spot start for me, but I can't because I have no way of stopping the CPU from using that player in the next scheduled game, meaning his energy level is already low when I call him up.

Being able to say "don't use this guy, period" would help so much
Old 11-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #134
Pro

This kind of ties into the owner mode of doing ticket pricing again and all that fun stuff, but is a little more "out there" but with all of the minor league affiliate changes maybe having contracts with them would be cool? having the ability to change where ur AAA team is....If I'm the Mets, y in the world do I want my AAA club in LV? no thanx. give me one on the East Coast. This will probably never happen but might as well throw some different ideas out there
Old 11-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #135
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

More "ON SCREEN" stats during the game. Baseball junkies love to see random cool player stats flash on the screen.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #136
Rookie

Jason27's Arena

I don’t play RTTS or Online Play so everything I would like to see upgraded would be in Franchise/Season Mode.

ATTRIBUTE FLUCTUATION: In the last two games I feel like veteran attributes drop too quickly and rookies attributes do not rise fast enough. Would like to see this aspect of the game improve as it is a really cool idea if it worked properly.

IMPORTING PLAYERS: Would be cool to import players from the weekly roster updates into franchise/season mode.

TRADING IN FRANCHISE MODE: As we see more 3 team trades in MLB it would be really cool to see it introduce in the Show. Also, the ability to work bigger trade packages would be nice as well as more realistic trade interest from teams rebuilding and teams looking to “win now”. As it is now it is almost impossible to trade prospects for an established player even if the team is having a loosing season.

IN SEASON CONTRACTS: I really wish you could offer a player on the rise or a player entering their walk year contract extensions during the season. Really sucks that you have to wait until the season is over to offer extensions.

PLAYERS (MLBPA): This request is probably more of a stretch but I would love to see more depth to the rosters. Most of the players that are in the free agent pool on the game are with a triple A team. It would be really cool to see these players with the organization they are playing for. I know it would take more work but it would make the game a lot more realistic. Another suggestion would be for developers to work more closely with MLBPA to have as many real players in the game as possible. The Show is a MLB & MiLB product so if a player is apart of the union I would like them to be on the game from the get go instead of waiting for weekly updates. This goes for all of the international players coming to MLB as well. Would really love to see them on the game from day 1 and not have to wait weeks to have a realistic roster I can start my franchise with.

MAKE DH A POSITION: As we all know there are players in the league that are strictly DH’s. Not having DH as a position in the game really effects the realism to the All-Star game. Would love to see DH as a position in 2015.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »