Home

Legends Are Coming to EA Sports UFC in December and They Will Be Free

This is a discussion on Legends Are Coming to EA Sports UFC in December and They Will Be Free within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Legends Are Coming to EA Sports UFC in December and They Will Be Free

Legends are coming to EA Sports UFC next month. You can check out a short video here, but it doesn't reveal much.

While plenty of free content has arrived since the game launched, that doesn't necessarily mean this will be. During an interview with UndisputedOnline, back in May, Creative Director Brian Hayes mentioned there would be a charge for specialty fighters.

Quote:
When I asked him about missing fighters (Like last night's new BW Champion, T.J. Dillashaw), he said they will try and get new fighters put in the game often (especially if T.J. had won tonight -- and he DID!) He said these types of "Roster Updates" would be free-of-charge. They would only charge for "DLC Fighters" if they were specialty ones. i.e. like a different Bruce Lee or "Younger" version of fighter. He said people would probably ask why Tito or Rampage are not in the game, but those type of added fighters would probably get turned down by Dana White.

UPDATE: Legends will be free. (Thanks @kevinmurphy17!)

UPDATE #2: Mark Coleman, Matt Hughes and Quinton Rampage Jackson have been revealed.

As we get closer to an actual release date, we will definitely hear more details about it.

Until then, what do you think about this news? Which legends would you like to see added to the roster?

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports UFC Legends Are Coming in December

Looking at the UFC HoF tells me this: Can't have Tito,Bonner or Couture. we already have Gracie so that leaves,Hughes,Coleman,Severn(sp?) Militich and Shamrock. I'll choose Shamrock,Coleman and Dan!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
please add some kind of grand prix mode or tournament mode like the pride mode that was in ufc 3...also add that old ufc arena that would be sweet.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #4
Rookie

also the ability to take a actual ufc fighter through career mode would be nice.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Re: Legends Are Coming to EA Sports UFC in December

I'm okay with legends as long as they aren't finished adding current fighters. I would take current fighters over legends any day. Just a personal preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
I'm okay with legends as long as they aren't finished adding current fighters. I would take current fighters over legends any day. Just a personal preference.
I am with you, legends are great and all but unless there are plenty of other older fighters to fight against, it just feels weird. Hopefully they continue the free updates trend and keep adding current fighters.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3
@EA UFC Team - Your commitment to keeping this game fresh is commendable! Awesome stuff! Now...fingers crossed...for a tournament or grand prix mode as mentioned above by @ballin2k0!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Looks like there's an old school "tournament age" ring coming, so perhaps the new game mode is going to be an old school one night UFC tournament. It'd be pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »