Home

Football Manager 2015 Shows Improvement in Many Categories, Revamps UI (PC Review)

This is a discussion on Football Manager 2015 Shows Improvement in Many Categories, Revamps UI (PC Review) within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Football Manager 2015 Shows Improvement in Many Categories, Revamps UI (PC Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
That's entirely dependent on your own personal taste, I love watching matches and find them exciting, and bald-spot creating. Some don't care for it as much and try to get through as much as they can, as fast as they can. I tinker a lot during the match and i enjoy the effects they can have, and the fact that there's no set reaction for what you choose to do. I was never a huge fan of the controller based games, and much prefer the absolute depth you get with this type of game over the shallowness of FIFA/PES. Nothing against the two franchises, but they can't touch FM in terms of depth.
So true haha, Football Manager is one of the reasons why I stopped playing console footy games for up to 3 years until of PES 15 came out. I still have and enjoy playing FM 12 from time to time haven't felt a prime reason to upgrade yet but maybe this one is pretty solid.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #10

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Football Manager 2015 Shows Improvement in Many Categories, Revamps UI (PC Review

This is a really good year for FM in my opinion.

I've been playing since CM 00/01 and the last few years have been pretty much abysmal. This one is not quite on the level of FM11 which was the best in recent memory imo, but it's definitely much better than 14. The ME is much more realistic, players are not skating all over the field and there's much less goals from unnatural positions.

Sure, it has some bugs and glitches, but it's definitely an improvement over last year's version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 11-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0
Watch your team win or lose? Check. Manage your team everytime? Check. Get your player injured every match over a tackle? Nope.
I give this a 8.4/10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
Rookie

The problem with the game as a whole, is that I never feel that I've masterminded a victory or underestimated an opponent.
I just had a fixture against Braintree, and when I was asked in the tunnel before the game, how much of an affect would Smith's absence have on Braintree. I didn't have a clue who Smith was or the affect it would have. I should be spending at least a small bit of my time thinking about how to expose a weakness in the opposition or limit the weaknesses my team have.
There should be emotion when I see the teamsheet from the opposition. But there never is!

I find myself just tinkering with the tactics and team until you hit a magic combination for a few games. Then rinse and repeat throughout the season as your tactic becomes stale.

Scouting improvements were nothing new, see http://www.totalvideogames.com/Champ...iew-14573.html
And they're still someway off a lot of what BGS were doing in terms of Training and Set Piece creating.

Overall, nothing really new but I'm sure I'll put 300hrs in over the next year

Last edited by AnthonyKyne; 11-26-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
Rookie

if they chill with the injuries then it would be better
Old 11-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18
I don't understand the issue with injuries in 14. If you have injury prone players, that's what happens. If I have someone who is injury prone, I move him out of our system.

But anyway, Good review, Z. I may pick it up in a few months when it is on sale on Steam. I'm good with 14 for right now and i'm only in year 6 or 7 of my career. I've probably got another 10 or so years before I get tired.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 32

I appreciate everyone's feedback and taking the time to read the review.

Regarding unrealistic scores and injuries, I don't feel I've been seeing those things.

It's definitely common for me to see injuries but the vast majority are minor injuries that don't necessitate removing the injured party from the match. I don't feel those injuries are uncommon in real soccer by any means.

Minor injuries certainly appear more obvious in FM where it's up to you to evaluate the injury and make a decision, as opposed to watching on television and seeing someone sometimes favoring an injury but otherwise playing on.

There's my take on it. Again, I appreciate the feedback from you all and thank you for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anyone running this on a mac? If so, how is it? Used to play this game constantly, but the last version I had was I think 2008. Thinking about jumping back in, but only if it runs well on mac

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »