Home

First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

This is a discussion on First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #25
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Along with previous posts about new customizable options like Stadiums, it would also be cool to see the Diamond Dynasty uniform creator implemented into Franchise and other offline modes, but above and beyond. We'll see if the style guide does anything to affect that.
Good "question"......but I don't think that would effect a uni editor being added to the game.
You might not be allowed to load and edit existing uniforms....that I could see being excluded.

I for one hope it's in. There are some amazing uniform editors out there. They could create some magic for sure.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Nothing was bad about it at all. But I don't want a visual aid forced on me, one of the joys of baseball and playing The Show is learning how to recognize a pitch out of the pitchers hand.

Its rewarding.

I don't need my hand held playing this game. I love how sim it really is with a clean screen, no visual aids, no guess pitch....none of it.

So like I said...I am all for it as long as I can shut it off. If not....hell no.
Agreed, but the lighting has to be better. I tried it on multiple monitors last year, but I felt like the lighting on the white of the ball was too flat and blasted out. Made it hard to detect the actual spin.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #27
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

First and foremost, I would like to see expanded and simplified stat tracking. The fact that we don't have access to anything beyond the most basic stats from previous years/careers unless we write down the stats in a notebook or screenshot them is awful. So I can't check and see how many BBs a pitcher issued last year? I can't see a batter's OBP from 2 years ago? If a player split time in AAA and MLB, I don't have access to the MiLB stats a year later? Please fix.

One thing that I haven't seen requested that would be really cool for people who chise a lot like me is an automated recap feature. In addition to the box score and game log we already have, how about a brief paragraph or 2 that encapsulates important stats and high leverage plays in the game in write-up form? That would necessitate the coders writing in stats that include leverage like WPA and pLI etc... but would really help me (and others) with writing game recaps and having to compile data before writing.

Of the many good ideas and somewhat wishful thinking in this thread so far, here are a couple that particularly resonate with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
2. Lots and lots and lots of new game play animations and also the removal of lots of old awkward looking animations. which will make gameplay look even more life like.
I am really fed up with the "suck into wall" animation that lets a runner tag up and score from 2nd base. That never happens in real life, so that animation should at minimum be deactivated with runners on base. Also, the "barrel roll out of the way and fall down" animation for outfielders chasing a ball in the gap needs to go. I don't mind the glove patting for infielders, but the 2 animations I've mentioned here are things you will never, ever see in a real baseball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Agreed, but the lighting has to be better.
I agree that the night lighting at Petco and PNC make franchising with those teams all but impossible. If I were a Padres or Pirates fan, I'd be pretty steamed about that when the other 28 stadiums don't have the same problems.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #28
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Complete graphics overhaul. Specifically player models and lighting.

Retractable roofs (open/closed option is fine)

Better stat tracking

Make the game seem like a new "next gen" game rather than a nicer looking PS3 port.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #29
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I guess I'm just a casual baseball fan that wants his hand held. God forbid a good hitter could read the seems/spin of the ball coming out of the pitchers hand. Picking up the rotation of the ball is not sim at all, silly me.

Again, something like "Hitting Eye" from MVP would be nice. I'm not expecting it to be in, but if it happens...please let there be an option to turn it off. Not like The Show doesn't give the user these options for everything else in their game. SMH.
Thats great. I did not say its a bad feature. But The heart and soul of The Show is not a casual game. So my point was simply don't make something like the hitters eye standard without an option to turn it off. And picking up the spin without a color que is where I like to be. The PCI gives me the boost as a better hitter already....oh silly me.

You post reads as if your being attacked and your panties are in bunch. Read my post again. It's called an opinion.

I am not against that feature. As long as it can be toggled. I am not knocking it. I played with it for 5 years on MVP baseball. I just prefer the hitting game I have played for years.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 11-29-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #30
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

correct me if am wrong MLB the show has the one of the shortest wishlist from you guys of any sports game. making it the best sports game
Old 11-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #31
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Better graphics
Create a Stadium
Stadium atmosphere especially the wind. Example- with wind blowing out at Wrigley fly balls should carry and not just be lazy fly outs and wind blowing in at Wrigley balls should be knocked down.
And finally and something I've asked for the last few years- 1 button base running!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #32
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I love that all the wishlists jumped from the wishlist thread to in here... In any case, all we are likely to get are a few screenshots and a lot of developer speak. That's fine; we're still quite a bit away from the release, but I think people are already setting themselves up for disappointment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »