Home

First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

This is a discussion on First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #65
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
1. Airplanes and helicopters added to the ambient soundtrack.
2. Dynamic sunlight via real-time cloud patterns.
Interesting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2014, 10:50 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Nothing was bad about it at all. But I don't want a visual aid forced on me, one of the joys of baseball and playing The Show is learning how to recognize a pitch out of the pitchers hand.

Its rewarding.

I don't need my hand held playing this game. I love how sim it really is with a clean screen, no visual aids, no guess pitch....none of it.

So like I said...I am all for it as long as I can shut it off. If not....hell no.
I can respect that.
But at the same time, I like the Hitters Eye because it helps differentiate the good from bad hitters.
When playing other games that use this dynamic, I love how a great hitter like Miggy can pick up on pitches better than others. And over the course of a season, it helps keep stats in line with real life.

Also, for people who suck at video games (like me), this gives me a bit of a boost without cheating entirely so I'm not hitting .400 with every single hitter.

I actually feel that Hitters Eye will only add realism to the game.
I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to reading baseball biographies, and in many of them, the great hitters talk about being able to read the seams on pitches helping them determine what's being served up.

As long as you can shut this option off, I can't see the negative of adding an option like this. It can only help sales.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:48 AM   #67
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

It amazes me how easily the defensive side of the game gets overlooked by people on here. It needs some serious work. It was never great to begin with especially the infielding but the PS4 version this year defensively might have been one of the worst they've ever done. However now with a full concentrated year to focus on this gen, it should at least be improved
Old 12-01-2014, 06:16 AM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
It amazes me how easily the defensive side of the game gets overlooked by people on here. It needs some serious work. It was never great to begin with especially the infielding but the PS4 version this year defensively might have been one of the worst they've ever done. However now with a full concentrated year to focus on this gen, it should at least be improved
ya diving can be sloppy and what makes me frustrated is on routine grounders i should not have a bang bang play at 1st with Big Papi going Billy Hamilton down the 1st base line.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #69
Banned

I'm a diehard Phillies fan,when I played at home in Citizens Bank park when I hit a homerun as the Phillies at home there are no fireworks when you do the homerun celebration. Just the liberty bell lights up and swings,it doesn't light up that good and doesn't swing very good! I also would like to have it where you have to manage your bullpen,for example your closer or middle reliever or setup guy can't be used because they have pitched to many innings and are tired and can't pitch until they get enough rest,so they are unavailable and can't be used,it adds strategy just like in the real MLB . Does anybody know what I'm talking? I would like to see if one of your players gets hurt on the big league club,you have the option of putting him on minor league rehab assignment before he comes back to the big league club. Last but not least,bring back having to adjust ticket food prices apparel tv contracts revenue,and the ability to do game promotions like you used to be able to do, like Madden and NBA 2k franchise modes are like.and even add a the single A level to the minor leagues.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #70
MVP

I don't like visual aids either... Gotta love me!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I absolutely hate the HR Celebration Camera! Why Sony took away the option to turn it off in 14 is beyond me. Even though you don't get the HR Celebration Camera a lot thank god but when it does show up I just hate it as it takes away the excitement and suspense of the Home Run. I never want to see the Home Run Celebration Camera. NEVER!
sad. but its the main reason i didnt get the game last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #72
Just started!

In order of how much I want them

1) Create a Ballpark. It seems like every year I am waiting for this feature to come out. Baseball in unlike any sport when it comes to the stadium, because the actual field makes a difference. I would love to be able to spend hours upon hours perfecting the perfect stadium for my team. If they do end up putting it in the game, it better be fully customizable, and not just a few outfield wall options.

2) Improved Franchise Mode. I would like for there to be a way to relocate a franchise. This could go hand in hand with the Create a Ballpark. When relocating there could be fully customizable jerseys and team name just like in Diamond Dynasty

3) More in depth RTTS. I am not asking for a NBA2k style RTTS with cut scenes every 5 seconds, but it would be nice to make the mode more personal.

4) Instant Replay.

5) Manager Argue Ability.

6) Rain delays and wind

Cannot wait for saturday

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »